Permanent Consult Veterinary Surgeon - Burnley
Type: Small Animal
Location: Burnley, Lancashire
Practice Type: Part of a group
Facilities/Services: Their hospital is well equipped with a CT scanner, advanced ultrasound, endoscopy, digital X-ray, dental radiography, and multiple surgical suites, as well as an onsite hydrotherapy & rehabilitation centre. The area has great transport links and is within 1 hour of Manchester and Liverpool airport and you can be in London within 2hrs on the train.
Team: The branch has a supportive reception team and nurse clinics running alongside veterinary appointments and offers exciting prospects for those looking to join as the role will have development and growth opportunities. They would encourage advanced certificates or specific CPD to support those looking to enhance their clinical skills, in an environment capable of adapting to match! They pride themselves on delivering the highest quality of care to patients and the clinical team is instrumental in delivering that ethos.
The Role: With a new management team in place, they are looking at expanding their team to develop the services they provide to clients. There could be scope for an applicant with an interest in dermatology to develop a dermatology service within this branch
- They offer flexible working patterns that flex with you and your lifestyle. Whether you are looking to flex your rota hours to balance the school holidays, fix to navigate the school runs or just look to strike that balance between home and work life. They can offer flexibility that actually works for you.
- A full-time role would involve working typically 4 days per week between the hours of 9.15 am & 6.00 pm but there would also be the option of spending one of those days at our hospital if preferred.
- Weekend working is Saturdays only, 8 am-3.30 pm on a maximum of 1 in 4 and up to a 1 in 8 rotas and their out-of-hours provision is by Vets Now, located at the hospital.
- The ideal candidate will be excited by the opportunity to influence the shape and direction of the branch and to collectively build on the team and its facilities. The role will comprise solely consulting and would suit those who are seeking independence and sole charge. However, there is potential to spend time each week at their fully equipped hospital to allow for a more varied caseload.
- Day-to-day duties involve providing a consultation service to clients, and ensuring the health and happiness of animals seen. Vaccinations, routine and non-routine appointments throughout each day.
- The candidate will be responsible for providing veterinary care to animals, prescribing medications, and day-to-day management of the branch practice.
Salary: Competitive Salary of up to £70,000 p/a (DOE) FTE
• 5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays
• Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
• Your birthday as a paid day off
• Private medical insurance
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
• Non-accidental injury support
• £1250 CPD allowance with 40 hours paid pro rata
• Certificate support
• Learning and development opportunities via the Group Academy
• Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
• All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
• All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
• BVA membership
• VDS cover
• RCVS fees
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
• Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
• Discounted staff pet care
Ref: JN -032023-28209
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details