Permanent Dental Veterinary Surgeon
Role: Dental Veterinary Surgeon
Type: Small Animal
Location: Across branches from Blackburn down to Shrewsbury.
Facilities and Services: The surgery includes 8 consulting rooms and 2 operating theatres and is fast-paced and exciting, meaning the caseload changes on a daily basis. The surgery operates 7 days a week and provides a 24/7 service.
Role: They definitely believe that you’ll be on their wavelength when it comes to supporting their social mission! But do you also want something to get your teeth into?
- They’re offering an opportunity to do dentistry most days
- This is your chance to take a lead on a service offering
- They see a charity caseload without the financial workup limitations – so if you’re looking for a job with some bite, here it is.
Hours: Full-time, the rota will be discussed in the interview
- They look for people who love what they do and would like to specialise in dentistry. They'd love to put you through a certificate and give you support to learn, but some days they'll expect you to support your team and take on a normal veterinary workload.
- Their business model means that they see a lot of interesting cases, but they also need to see a lot of those cases in order to maintain operating profit. You’ll probably see more emergencies than preventative care.
- They are constantly evaluating ways to safeguard their employees when it comes to their mental health. They offer an employee assistance program that allows you to access mental health support from a team of specialised professionals, along with a 24/7 online GP.
- This role can be based across their branches from Blackburn down to Shrewsbury.
Sole Charge: Yes
Branch Work: Yes
What do they need from you?: They’re looking for somebody who loves being a vet and wants to learn! Needless to say, you like teeth. You believe in the expertise of the RVNs you work alongside. Above all, you strongly agree with their mission – and want to save pets who can’t access veterinary care. For some pet owners, they are their only option.
Salary: The salary scale is £41,620 - £60,002 p/a - depending on experience (plus advanced scale for certificate holders)
- 6 weeks holiday, including bank holidays
- UK and International CPD funded to certificate level
- Private Health Care, 52 Weeks sickness benefit and free Employee assistance program - awarded after 12 months of service
- Contributory pension scheme
- RCVS and VDS fees paid
- Access to counseling support including mental health, financial, and life counseling after 12 months of service
- Cycle to work scheme
- Refer-a-Friend bonus
- Varied and challenging career
- The satisfaction of working with a not-for-profit employer
Ref: JN -012022-23713
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details