Permanent Emergency Night/Day Veterinary Surgeon - Birmingham
Type: Small Animal
Services/Facilities: This practice is a dedicated Veterinary Emergency Care provider based in the North Birmingham area, providing an out-of-hours provision to a number of local practices in the area. Experienced and highly qualified staff with all the advanced equipment a Veterinary Surgeon should expect when working in an emergency facility.
Role: Working as an emergency Veterinary Surgeon will expose you to a diverse range of cases that you simply won’t see in general practice – perfect for learning and career development.
Skills/Exp: They are looking for a Veterinary Surgeon that relishes the diverse caseload you see in Emergency and Critical Care to complete the team.
Hours: Night shifts 6.30 pm - 8.30 am and day shifts 8.30 am - 6.30 pm including weekend rota. They are looking for at least 2 Veterinary Surgeons to cover these shifts.
- Must be MRCVS and experienced with handling all emergency medicine and surgery in a sole charge environment.
- Ideally somebody with a certificate in emergency and critical care or somebody who is willing to study towards.
- Warm, confident, and effective communicator who not only looks after their patients and clients to a high standard but must be a team player and have the ability to gain and maintain relationships with peers external to the clinic, including staff and teams from their user practices.
Salary: They are offering a competitive salary that is reflective of skills and experience
• 5 weeks paid holiday, not including bank holidays
• 5 days paid CPD leave
• £1250 CPD Allowance per annum
• Private Medical Insurance
• VDS Membership paid
• BVA Membership paid
• Service based holiday entitlement increases
• VDS cover
• Enhanced maternity, adoption, shared parental leave, and surrogacy pay
• Enhanced paternity pay
• Birthday leave
• Discounted veterinary fees
• My Benefits - various discounts including retail & gym memberships
• Cycle to Work scheme
• CPD/training support
• Paid bereavement leave
• Company sick pay
• Employee opinion survey
• Free uniform in a number of roles
• Annual pay reviews
• Social events
• Sponsorship for overseas employees
• Academy & Leadership courses
• Focus on employee wellbeing
• Relocation packages
• Career progression opportunities
• Free flu jabs
Ref: JN -022022-24239
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details