Permanent Equine Veterinary Surgeon - Wealden District
Location: Wealden District, East Sussex
Practice Type: An established RCVS Accredited Equine Hospital based in the Epping Forest District of East Sussex countryside. The practice is set in the beautiful Sussex countryside.
- They are very well equipped with 20 inpatient stables, full surgical and hospital facilities, hospital and ambulatory diagnostic equipment, and an extensive range of treatment technology.
- Their in-house laboratory makes it easy for their vets to run a vast variety of haematological and biochemical tests on site.
- Their dedicated Equine Dental Technicians look after all routine dentals, meaning vets are not required unless they have a specific interest.
- They have built a great local reputation and client base and are continuing to grow and develop year on year.
Team Info: Equality, diversity, and inclusion are at the heart of their culture and their dedicated team is focused on giving support and encouragement to all.
Role: They have a fantastic opportunity for a full-time Equine Veterinary Surgeon to join their forward-thinking and motivated team.
- You will be joining a progressive practice and although the role will be mainly ambulatory, the opportunity to work up your own cases at the Clinic and establish your own referral caseload is encouraged.
- You will be backed up for field procedures by a team of qualified and trainee Equine Nurses and have the full support of their resident Specialists in Equine Sports Medicine.
- A company pool vehicle is provided.
Hours: The role includes working 40 hours over 5 days per week and the out-of-hours rota (including weekends) is evenly shared and currently a 1:7 rota.
Applicant Requirements: A strong work ethic and a desire to provide a high-quality service to clients are vital, along with excellent communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team.
Salary: The salary for the role is up to £60,000 per annum depending on experience and qualifications.
- Depending on your location, a relocation package might be available.
- Enhanced holiday entitlement and increasing holiday based on length of service
- CPD paid days and allowance
- L&D opportunities through the Group Academy
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Private Medical Insurance
- BVA Membership paid
- VDS cover
- Birthday leave
- Discounted veterinary fees
- Various discounts including retail & gym memberships
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Service-related company sick pay
- Sponsorship for overseas employees
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Career progression opportunities
- Free flu jabs
Ref: JN -042022-24743
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details