Permanent Equine Veterinary Surgeon - Lothian, Scotland
We are working with a lovely equine practice in Lothian Scotland that is seeking an enthusiastic, hard working and caring Equine Veterinary Surgeon with a minimum of 2 years of experience in equine practice and a good sense of humour. This is a full-time permanent role to join a busy and progressive practice.
Our client is a busy, progressive, and growing practice in the beautiful area of Edinburgh and Lothian that is proud to be an equine-only practice. They are an ambulatory practice dedicated to providing a high standard of service and care to all clients and their horses. They service a large and mixed population of horses throughout Edinburgh and Central Scotland. They have state-of-the-art equipment: Wireless DR X-Ray, video endoscopy, motorised dental equipment, and portable ultrasound.
They aim to provide complete healthcare service for horses, ponies, or donkeys. Here is a brief outline of all the services they can provide:
- 24-hour emergency cover, always staffed by their own dedicated 100% equine-only vets
- Vaccination (with postal, text, and e-mail reminder service)
- Health Plan Scheme
- Faecal Worm Egg Counts with worming advice and schedules
- Blood sampling and laboratory result interpretation
- Reproductive work
- Pre-purchase examinations (5 Stage and 2 Stage Vettings)
- Behavioural advice
- Strangles blood tests & scoping
- Dentistry - including the use of motorised powerfloats
- Endoscopy - respiratory and gastric
- Radiography (X-rays)
- In-depth lameness examinations - including nerve blocks, joint blocks, radiography, and ultrasonography
- Wound management
- Dietary and weight control advice
- Laminitis investigation and advice
- Equine End of Life
- Sarcoid treatments
The Role and Candidate
Our client is seeking an enthusiastic, hard-working, and caring Equine Veterinary Surgeon with a minimum of 2 years of experience in equine practice and a good sense of humour. An RCVS certificate in an equine discipline would be beneficial but is not essential as support would be provided for the applicant to pursue further qualifications. You will form part of a four vet team with good opportunities to develop clinical interests. Duties are shared equally and a good & job package is offered with appropriate time off in lieu of on-call duties. This is a full-time permanent role that includes an on-call rota is 1:4 for weekend duties and one night per week on call.
In return, our client is offering a competitive salary that is reflective of experience and a benefits package that includes a vehicle. Full details will be discussed in the interview.
Ref: JN -042021-19946
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details