Se4rch Veterinary Specialists are working with a well-established multidisciplinary small animal referral centre that offers referrals in small animal medicine, soft tissue surgery, orthopaedic surgery, medical neurology, spinal surgery, cardiology, and rehabilitation. They see referral cases from across the South West and South Wales.
Permanent Head of Medicine - Bath, Somerset
Type: Small Animal
Location: Bath, Somerset
Facilities: They have on-site MRI, CT, and separate modern surgical and medical endoscopy systems. They have a small friendly team that works together to support each other. They are part of a larger group.
Team: Their team consists of 3 Medicine Clinicians (two are Advanced Practitioners) and 4 Surgeons (all Advanced Practitioners). They have 9 Referral Nurses, some of which have certificates and the Advanced Nursing Diploma.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Boarded Internal Medicine Specialist to develop the internal medicine service in their state-of-the-art facilities.
Role: Our client has a vacancy for the role of Head of Medicine, reporting to the Referral Clinical Director. The successful candidate will grow the medical referral business with respect to caseload and clinical standards.
Responsibilities will include:
- Line managing, mentoring, and developing the medicine referral clinicians in addition to managing their own caseload.
- They will oversee medicine-specific equipment maintenance and be responsible for preparing new equipment proposals.
- Contributions to referral marketing and strategy will be encouraged, working alongside the Marketing Administrator, Referral Administrators, and Referral Clinical Director.
- The Head of Medicine will also be involved with ensuring a high level of satisfaction from clients and referring Vets, with support from the Hospital Manager, Practice Manager, and Referral Clinical Director.
Hours: The role can be full-time (4 days per week) or part-time (3 days per week).
Weekends/OOHS: The weekend and weekday night on-call rota is shared equally between the referral clinicians, currently 1 in 6.
- Applicants must have a Diploma in Small Animal Internal Medicine or have RCVS Advanced Practitioner in Small Animal Medicine status, with extensive referral experience and ideally management experience.
- Leadership training will be provided where appropriate.
Salary: Competitive Salary - Commensurate with experience and certification
Benefits: Referral clinicians receiver:
- 6 weeks holiday per year plus bank holidays,
- RCVS renewal fees,
- Medical insurance,
- CPD budget and 6 days CPD allowance.
Ref: JN -042022-24740
What happens next:
Click APPLY to apply for this role and a member of our team will be in touch to discuss this vacancy in more details
Call: 020 3941 0957