Permanent Full-Time Registered Head Veterinary Nurse, Redhill
We are working with a lovely small veterinary group in the Redhill area of Surrey that is looking for an experienced Head Nurse to join them on a full-time permanent basis. Ideally, they are looking for someone who is happy to also do some clinical coaching.
Located in the beautiful Redhill area of Surrey this clinic is just 5 minutes drive from the M25 and has ample private parking. They hold routine consultations Monday to Saturday and provide 24‑hour care on-site.
They offer a full range of services for dogs, cats, and other small animals. With a wide range of services that are also provided by their nursing team, including weight clinics, worming, flea checks, and nail clipping.
They have their own in-house laboratory, x-ray facilities, ECG machine, ultrasound, and endoscopes. The laboratory facilities enable them to make a faster and more reliable diagnosis for pets. They undertake a variety of investigative procedures, including blood testing (to assess pet's liver and kidney function, blood glucose levels, proteins, and electrolytes), urine testing, and microscopic examination (to help diagnose skin conditions, look at smears, and for fecal analysis.). When a more complex analysis is required, samples are sent to external specialist laboratories.
They provide their own 24-hour emergency service for their clients. In the event of an emergency, pets will be cared for by their own vets and nurses.
The Role and Candidate:
This is a permanent full-time role with a scheduled rota that includes 1-night duty per week and 1 weekend duty shift in 7 weeks which is followed by a week off. This offers a really great work life balance. Their day shifts are 08:00-17:30 or 10:00-19:00.
- To organise the duty rota to ensure that there are sufficient staff with appropriate skills available to deliver patient care.
- To recruit permanent and locum staff as required and to ensure that new staff receive an appropriate induction.
- To allocate daily duties and ensure that they are performed.
- To organise stock and equipment supplies and maintenance.
- To ensure the practice is maintained in a safe and hygienic condition.
- To ensure compliance with health and safety protocols.
- To ensure good communication within the nursing team.
- To monitor the progress of each member of the nursing team and arrange appropriate training and CPD.
- To act as clinical coach for student nurses.
- To conduct annual appraisals of each member of the nursing team.
- To liaise with senior management and administrative staff.
- To act as a veterinary nurse on the duty rota.
In return for all your hard work and dedication, our client is offering a competitive salary of £35,000 - £38,000 p/a (DOE) with a benefits package including a great pension scheme and free pet treatment.
Ref: JN -082021-21921
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details