Permanent Head Registered Veterinary Nurse - Sidcup
We are working with a dynamic practice in Sidcup, Kent, that is looking for a Head Registered Veterinary Nurse to join them on a full-time, permanent basis.
You’ll be working alongside 4 vets, with the Clinical Lead Vet having over 15 years of experience, 1 SVN who qualifies this year, 2 VCAs ( 1 due to start as SVN this year ), and 5 Client Care Advisors. This is a dynamic practice that aims to offer a very high standard of care for its patients across a wide range of cases and have a fully equipped practice with a wonderfully loyal client base. Based just minutes from the A2 in East London, they are ideally located close to the M25 and benefit from great transport links.
The Role and Candidate:
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
• Working closely with the clinical and non-clinical teams to deliver the best levels of patient and customer care, taking full ownership of tasks and responsibilities
• First line manager responsibilities for members of the nursing team and first point of escalation for any concerns
• Manage and deal with bookings professionally and efficiently using RX Works
• Greet clients and their pets for appointments, being sensitive to their requirements, and promoting a professional image at all times
• Comply with all policies and procedures within the surgery, including Health and Safety Regulations
• Calculate and administer medications keeping accurate records
• Assist the Veterinary Surgeon during surgical procedures
• Clinical Coaching and support of student nurses (training not essential and will be provided)
You will have a good experience of veterinary nursing with excellent customer service and communication skills. You should be an effective team player, have a systematic approach when making decisions, and be able to carry out the role effectively with planning and organisation. You are friendly, down-to-earth, have a genuine interest in animal welfare, and enjoy the variety provided by the clients and colleagues alike.
• Competitive salary dependent on your experience
• CPD allowance and support
• Contributory pension scheme
• Paid memberships
• Exclusive company discounts and rewards
Ref: JN -042021-19738
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details