Permanent Head Veterinary Nurse - Berkhamsted
We have a great opportunity an experienced Registered Veterinary Nurse to join a friendly small animal practice in the Berkhamsted area of Hertforshire as their Head Veterinary Nurse. You will assume a level of responsibility for the efficient running of the nurse and student nurse teams
Our client is a progressive, forward-thinking, premium veterinary group with small and medium-sized first opinion practices, 4 large 24-hour hospitals, and a referral centre. They are based in London, Hertfordshire, and Cambridge. They believe in supporting and investing in their staff, investing in facilities, and ensuring that their clients and pets receive only the very best, modern first opinion or specialist care. Their staff are motivated and encouraged to gain additional certifications across all levels of employment and they offer career progression within the group. They have a strong recognisable brand and are looking for people who share their vision and culture. They have over 330 staff members across 32 sites and are very proud of their achievements and reputation in the veterinary profession.
The Role and Candidate:
As the Head RVN you lead our clients' friendly team of Nurses on a Day rota. They are looking for someone to come on board on a 42 hour a week contract and help them maintain their gold standard level of care. You will be working Monday – Friday with 1:4 Saturdays.
The Head Nurse role is to assume a level of responsibility for the efficient running of the nurse and student nurse teams. This will include providing management, performance reviews, training and co-ordination for all relevant personnel. Working enthusiastically with your team you will help maintain a happy, efficient working environment, whilst ensuring practice policies and group policies are adhered to at all times whilst providing outstanding patient and client care.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- To always give gold standard care to all patients and clients
- To uphold practice protocols and standards within the clinic and support your colleagues to do the same
- To ensure all work that is carried out is correctly documented, priced and communicated to clients
- To develop good relationships with clients, running clinics and appointments
- Must be prepared to become a clinical coach
In return, our client is offering a highly competitive salary and benefit (pro-rata) that includes:
- Highly competitive salary
- 25 days per annum plus bank holidays plus Birthday Day.
- RCVS fees paid
- £500 CPD allowance with 2 days off to attend (Higher budget/courses negotiable)
- Staff discount scheme
- Workplace pension scheme
- Occupational Health Scheme
- Eye care vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
Ref: JN -022021-18882
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details