Permanent Head Veterinary Nurse - Hexham area of Northumberland
- Are you looking for the opportunity to demonstrate your ability to develop and lead a team?
- They are looking for an experienced RVN, with the genuine desire to nurture a compassionate and caring environment, to lead the nursing team at their main branch.
Type: Small Animal
Location: Hexham area of Northumberland
Practice: They are an award-wining and friendly, independent practice who are committed to caring for patients, their owners, and their staff.
Facilities: They pride themselves on their exceptional, high-quality, modern medicine and surgery. They have three branches in and around the Tyne Valley.
Role: As the Head Nurse you will be:
- Responsible for leading the Nursing team at the branch.
- Responsible for all aspects of management of the nursing team.
- To act as a role model to all clinical staff, demonstrating clinical and leadership credibility.
- Responsible for overseeing the smooth running of the administration.
- Work alongside the management team to ensure the smooth running of the branch.
- (Full duties will be discussed in the interview)
Hours: Full-time, 37.5 hours per week (negotiable) plus Saturday mornings as part of a rota.
OOHS: Out-of-hours on-call as part of a shared rota.
- A desire to help nurture a genuinely compassionate and caring environment for staff and for patients.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- High standard of customer and patient care.
- The ability to work on your own initiative and to be self-motivated.
- A team player who can motivate others.
- Strong organisational and time management skills.
- Committed and hard-working.
- The ability to work under pressure and remain calm.
- Confident, approachable, and flexible.
- A desire to endeavour to do the right thing at all times.
Salary: Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Holiday: 4 weeks and bank holidays plus 1 additional day per year up to 5 years’ service.
- CPD allowance included and staff development encouraged.
- RCVS fees included.
Ref: JN -062022-25519
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details