Permanent Hospital Head RVN - Aylesbury
Type: Small Animal
Practice: Veterinary Hospital
- A modern, fully equipped hospital, dedicated to inpatient care.
- All hospitals are required to provide 24-hour nursing care to inpatients.
- Their laboratory is staffed by professional qualified laboratory technicians and biochemists, which ensures they can complete tests quickly enabling the earliest start to the treatment of pets.
- They have 4 local branch surgeries in Aylesbury for routine consultations, which maximises convenience to clients.
- Their branch surgeries have dedicated veterinary surgeons and receptionists, which gives pets Continuity of Care.
Role: Our Client is searching for a motivated and experienced Registered Veterinary Nurse to complement their existing hospital team in a Head Nurse position.
- They are looking for a confident and capable all-rounder who strives for high clinical standards in general practice.
- The role will be split between clinical work, administrative roles, and mentoring/coaching of junior colleagues.
- Additionally, the Head Nurse will work closely with the Clinical Director, Practice Manager, and Veterinary Surgeons to promote a highly integrated team and will be supported by the Deputy Head Nurse.
- As the Nurse team is large and comprised of various levels of experience, management and/or leadership training would be advantageous to a successful candidate.
- As line managed for the Nursing Team, responsibilities will include performance reviews, managing rotas, overtime, and holiday requests, overseeing Student Veterinary Nurses and their Clinical Coaches, ensuring practice standards are met and advanced, etc.
Hours: Full-time, 40 hours / 5-day week
Weekends: 1/6 weekend rota (day only) with full TOIL – subject to change as the team increases
OOHS: None - they have a dedicated on-site night team
Sole Charge: None
Branch Work: TBC
What the hospital offers their Veterinary Nurses:
- Supportive team atmosphere
- The ability for nurses to work to their fullest potential, including minor procedures, intensive care and involvement in case discussion and patient care.
- Opportunities to pursue clinical interests
- Multiple rotating roles within the team such as: wards, theatre, recovery, admit/discharge, twilight.
- Supported and funded clinical advancement to Certificate level.
- Respect for private life and time away from the practice.
- Support from locums where needed, reducing unnecessary strain.
- Rotas in advance with accommodation of weekend commitments.
Salary: Between £32,000 – £38,000 p/a DOE
- 6.6 weeks holiday including Bank Holidays
- 5 days CPD minimum with uncapped budget (within reason!)
- BVNA, RCVS, VDS paid memberships
- Ability to progress clinically and professionally
Ref: JN -042022-24838
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details