Permanent Lead Clinical Registered Veterinary Nurse - Cambridge
Type: Small Animal
Location: Cambridge (within 15 min train journey of Cambridge)
Practice: Part of a group - They are a well-established, RCVS accredited, group of small animal primary care practices with locations in London, Hertfordshire, and Cambridgeshire. Alongside their primary care sites, they also have three hospitals providing 24-hour continuous care to pets and their owners and providing support to the surrounding practices.
Role: The role of a Lead Nurse working with the Clinical Nurse Manager is considered key to the business's ability to provide a high level of clinical standards. Ensuring that patients are managed as effectively as possible from a nursing perspective supports the growth of the practice.
- Working enthusiastically with the Clinical Nurse Manager, you will demonstrate an excellent work protocol in all nursing duties while taking overall responsibility for a specific area of the practice.
- The Clinical Lead Nurse would organise and oversee patient flow on a day-to-day basis to ensure the most effective and efficient approach to the workload. Identifying and improving the efficiency of the patient pathway from admission through to discharge while ensuring that practice policies and group policies are adhered to support the provision of outstanding patient and client care.
- Approximately 95% of the role will be clinical duties (including a full share of the on-call rota) to allow 5% for an administration that may come with the role.
- They seek a proactive candidate/s with at least 1- 2 years post-registration experience looking to step into a leadership role.
- Previous experience working with and providing guidance for Patient Care Assistants and/or Student Veterinary Nurses and a Clinical Coach qualification or a passion for mentoring would also be desirable.
- As would a drive for excellence and an ability to signpost associates to relevant continuing professional development.
- 42hrs/week Mon - Fri
- Weekends 1:6 (With toil allocated)
- 1x bank holiday per year and share of the emergency cover OOH rota
Salary: Competitive salary, £30,450 - £34,650 per annum - that is reflective of skills and experience
- 5 weeks holiday + bank holidays + Birthday Leave
- RCVS and VDS fees paid
- External CPD funded
- Extensive free online Linnaeus CPD program
- Career progression opportunities
- Staff discount schemes
- Enhanced sickness pay
- Enhanced equal family leave
- Wellness program including:
- Employee assistance program
- Eyecare voucher scheme
- Free annual Flu jab
- Cycle to work scheme
- Recruitment referral reward scheme.
Ref: JN -122022-27462
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details