Permanent Lead Veterinary Surgeon - Essex and London
Clinical freedom, well supported, collaborative team, like the sound of that? Our client is seeking an experienced Vet for a new Lead Vet role of an expanding team in two practices based in Essex and London. A primarily clinical role working closely with the regional Practice Manager and experienced Head Nurses in both clinics, further supported by the broader leadership team within the group.
Type: Small Animal
Location: Essex and London
Practice Type: Part of a group
Facilities: The first branch is a 4/5 Vet, small animal first opinion practice. It is currently going through phase 1 of the refurbishment and upgrades. Once completed the clinic will benefit from:
• 5 Consultation rooms, including a separate one for Cats.
• Separate Cat and Dog wards.
• Bright and quiet office space for writing notes, meetings, and other admin tasks.
• Dedicated staff room separate from the clinical areas of the practice so you can have protected downtime.
The second branch is a 1.5 Vet, small animal first opinion practice with loyal clients and an established team, with room to expand the services offered.
Role: In this role, you’ll provide support, training, and mentoring from both a clinical and non-clinical perspective to the veterinary team. As well as this, you’ll be someone who aims to continually improve the clinical standards in both clinics. You’ll strive to deliver a high standard of care to both patients and clients, in line with accepted, up-to-date, evidence-based principles.
- You’ll be an enthusiastic veterinary surgeon who strives to deliver a high standard of care to both patients and clients.
- You’ll be a passionate vet, who desires a leadership role within an evolving clinical environment, ideally with some previous leadership experience (although training can be provided).
- As someone who is keen to continually improve their professional knowledge and experience, you’ll also enjoy encouraging the similar development of colleagues.
- You will also be a key player in the day-to-day management of the clinical caseload whilst offering support to both branches.
Hours: This is ideally a full-time position, but part-time/alternate working patterns will be considered.
Weekends/OOHS: Equally shared weekend rota, no OOH.
Salary: Up to £65,000 p/a FTE (Depending on experience)
- 6.6 weeks annual holiday, including Bank Holidays.
- A minimum of £1,750 and a 5-day CPD allowance - more funding is available for relevant qualifications.
- RCVS & VDS fees and one other professional membership fee are covered.
- Ability to buy and sell annual leave.
- A growing list of flexible benefits.
Ref: JN -082022-26078
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details