Permanent Lead Veterinary Surgeons - Leeds
Role: Permanent Lead Veterinary Surgeon
Type: Small Animal
Location: Leeds, West Yorkshire
Practice: Our client is a large, busy first opinion and middle-tier referral practice in West Yorkshire with four branch sites. They care for small animals and some exotics at one of their branches. They see referrals from across Yorkshire and have a fantastic caseload for clinical development. They are passionate about quality, clinical excellence, and patient care. Due to their advanced and varied caseload, they can support most professional areas of interest.
Team: They have phenomenal day and night teams which includes a large Vet team including 7 certificate holders in surgery, oncology, ophthalmology & dermatology. They are supported by an experienced Nurse team and a fantastic front-of-house team.
Facilities: Their fantastic 24/7 Tier 3 Hospital is supported by four branch clinics and has excellent equipment with CT, visiting MRI, 4 theatres, onsite lab, rigid/flexible endoscopy including laparoscopy, ICU, plus lots more! Three of the four branches have operating facilities.
Role: This lead vet role will see you ensuring best practice is being followed, supervising and assisting more junior vets, setting the standards, identifying any issues, working with other lead vets to drive in house CPD program, arranging CPD meetings, M&M rounds, and clinical governance (VetSafe), and more.
Hours: Full or part-time applications welcomed.
- 4-day week
- 1:4 weekends
- No OOH’s
- Open to a flexible rota for the right candidate.
- The role will Lead their branches driving the clinical standard as well as motivating the team. You will hold responsibility for overseeing the day-to-day running of the branches and will be assisted by the Clinical Director and two dedicated Lead Nurses.
- Your role will include time for admin and managerial duties!
- The right candidate for the Lead role will be an experienced Vet Surgeon who enjoys mentoring and supporting their team and are comfortable with all first opinion duties.
Salary: Competitive salary up to £70,000 a year depending on experience plus bonus scheme
- Generous CPD allowance and 4 days each year to attend events
- Group CPD Programme (including certificate holder level and leadership CPD)
- 6.6 weeks holiday per year & birthday leave day
- Employee Discounts
- Specsavers Free Eye Test (and voucher for glasses for VDU use if applicable)
- Cycle2Work Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme with BUPA
- RCVS Fee Paid
- VDS cover
Ref: JN -012022-23557
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details