Permanent Night Registered Veterinary Nurse - Solihull, West Midlands
Type: Small Animal
Location: Solihull, West Midlands
Practice Type: Our client is one of the leading small animal referral centres in the world, and has been delivering the highest possible standard of pet healthcare for over 30 years. Their vision is to provide an unrivaled clinical, patient, client, and team experience that is recognised for excellence across the world. Their values centre around the care of patients, clients, referring vets, each other, and the environment to make A BETTER WORLD FOR PETS.
Services: Their service teams include orthopaedics, neurology, ophthalmology, internal medicine, clinical nutrition, oncology, soft tissue surgery, cardiology, dermatology, Emergency and Critical Care (ECC), anaesthesia, analgesia, diagnostic imaging, and physiotherapy.
Facilities: In-patient care is a priority and includes 24-hour veterinary and nursing cover, with support from a team of emergency vets and Interns. Their hospital facilities are of the highest quality, including on-site Siemens 64-slice CT, Siemens 1.5T MRI, two in-theatre mobile image intensifiers, two digital radiography rooms, ultrasonography, electro diagnostics, video endoscopy, and an extensive range of advanced surgical equipment.
Team: They have an exceptionally friendly, professional, and dedicated team of nurses who give a warm and supportive welcome to new members of staff. This is an ideal chance for keen individuals to work in one of the UK’s leading referral centres and develop their nursing skills.
Your role and responsibilities:
- The successful applicant will be given training and support to take their career to the next level. They are able to offer exciting opportunities for nurses who share their commitment to excellence and a desire to provide world-class care and customer service.
- With the benefit of superb imaging and anaesthesia facilities, as well as specialists working in every discipline, they provide a truly rewarding working environment.
- Experience of working in a referral environment is not required as full support and training will be provided for the successful candidates.
- The successful candidate will be working alongside a team of Registered Veterinary Nurses, Surgical Veterinary Nurses, and Veterinary Care Assistants to deliver gold standard veterinary care to patients.
Main duties will include:
- Monitoring anaesthesia, including advanced techniques
- Specialist ward nursing
- Caring for patients within our intensive care unit
- Working alongside our Specialist and primary veterinary surgeons.
- Support the emergency out-of-hours (OOH) veterinary surgeons.
Hours: This is a 30hr/week average role, over a 6-week rolling rota. There are extended periods of time off work, so it offers a great work-life balance.
Duties will include: Specialist ward nursing of medicine and surgical patients, caring for ICU patients, and supporting ECC/OOH service and vet. Team of 4 nurses, as well as support from interns.
- Highly competitive salary from £28,000 p/a (DOE)
- Generous annual leave and CPD allowance
- Birthday leave
- Structured in-house teaching, supervision and support
- Professional membership fees
- Discounted vet fees for your own pets
- Associate wellbeing programme including weekly free fruit, discounted gym membership, cycle to work scheme, Employee Assistance Programme, MHFA support, and monthly treats
- An unbeatable learning environment
- Outstanding state-of-the-art purpose-built facilities
- Enhanced equal family leave
- Enhanced sick leave.
Ref: JN -062022-25373
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details