Permanent Night RVN - Buckinghamshire
Role: Permanent Night Registered Veterinary Nurse
Type: Small Animal
Location: In south Buckinghamshire - close to the borders with Oxfordshire and Berkshire
Facilities: They offer the most cutting-edge investigations and treatments, with both a 1.5 Tesla MRI and a CT-scanner on-site; and all disciplines work closely with the in-house professional physiotherapy department.
Team: All specialists are either European boarded or board-eligible, and all services are supported by two European boarded anaesthetists. They have an ECVN recognised residency programme in place and are in the process of gaining approval for an ECVS training programme.
Hours: You will be working a 4 night on/8 off rota and the role will include the nursing of referral inpatients and out-of-hour emergencies. This is a busy and varied role with lots of interesting cases and would suit an experienced, qualified veterinary nurse; referral nursing experience is preferred but not essential as training will be provided.
Weekends: In line with rota
Duties: The role will include:
- Nursing patients to a gold standard level in every discipline/ward on a rotation basis
- Ensuring all questions and potential concerns are raised with the surgeon in charge
- Communicating with clients regarding their animals' care
- Ensuring detailed handovers are given between the day and night teams
- Complete handover documents in order to handover to the early ward team in the morning
- Listening to and supporting the ward co-ordinator in the delivery of patient care
- Recovering patients from sedation/anaesthesia
- Using the in-house computer system to book discharge appointments, visits, and clinician phone calls
They are looking for a proactive, enthusiastic, and approachable person who is a great team player but is also able to use their own initiative and is self-motivated. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to multi-task with a flexible approach to working are a must.
Salary: Competitive Salary - Commensurate with experience (between £30,000-£34,000 p/a)
Benefits: (subject to pro-rata)
- Unlimited career development opportunities, due to their dynamic team structure which is focused on areas of expertise
- CPD days, allowance, and RCVS & BVNA fees paid
- In-house CPD from world-renowned specialists
- A strong focus on employee wellbeing and mental health, including regular sessions with industry-specific resilience, stress management, and performance coaches
- Wide range of employee benefits, including private healthcare contribution and a monthly wellbeing allowance
- A nurturing, friendly, and supportive working environment
Ref: JN -092021-22238
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details