Permanent Night Veterinary Surgeon - Aylesbury
Type: Small Animal
Practice: Veterinary Hospital
- A modern, fully equipped hospital, dedicated to inpatient care.
- All hospitals are required to provide 24-hour nursing care to inpatients.
- Their laboratory is staffed by professional qualified laboratory technicians and biochemists, which ensures they can complete tests quickly enabling the earliest start to the treatment of pets.
- They have 4 local branch surgeries in Aylesbury for routine consultations, which maximises convenience to clients.
- Their branch surgeries have dedicated veterinary surgeons and receptionists, which gives pets Continuity of Care.
Team: 10 Day Vets, 3 Night Vets, 15 Day Nurses, 3 Night Nurses, 3 Kennel Assistants, 2 Lab Techs
Role: The practice is searching for a confident and experienced Veterinary Surgeon to join their Hospital Night Team, they are looking for a capable all-rounder who strives for high clinical standards in general practice and enjoys the challenge of emergency practice and critical care cases.
Duties: The role covers all aspects of OOH care including consulting, emergency surgeries, and inpatient management, so a level of experience is required (at least 1-2 years in practice). A certificate in ECC, Diagnostic Imaging, or Internal Medicine would be advantageous, but not essential.
Night Team: The Night Vet is supported by a Night Nurse (1900 – 0800) and a Twilight Nurse (1600 – 2300). The night team works seamlessly with the day team, handing over to a dedicated In-Patient Vet and Ward Nurse Team, ensuring excellent continuity of care. They also cover the OOH cases of 8 small to medium practices, accepting transfers of in-patients, and seeing emergency appointments.
- 13 Hr nights (1900 – 0800)
- 7 night on, 14 nights off
Sole Charge: None
Salary: The salary is competitive and will be reflective of skills, experience, and further certification
- 5 days CPD minimum with uncapped budget (within reason!)
- BVA, BSAVA, RCVS, VDS paid memberships
- Ability to progress clinically and professionally
Ref: JN -042022-24840
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details