Permanent Night Veterinary Surgeon, Banbury
Type: Small Animal
Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire
Practice: This is an independent veterinary practice that offers specialist Small Animal, Equine, & Farm 24-hour care across a wide geographic area. Their main tier-3 RCVS-accredited Small Animal Hospital has excellent transport links nearby to London and Birmingham (only 1 hour away). All of their surgeries boast state-of-the-art equipment allowing them to offer ‘Gold Standard’ veterinary care. They are owned and managed by 6 Directors who are all practising vets, so they are fully immersed in the business’s daily operations, making the practice both agile and responsive. They have a growing team, all providing excellent support and contributing to the growth of the team and the practice.
- 15 Vets, including 4 at Senior/Director level
- 13 RVN’s including Head/Senior Nurse & 13 Nurse Assistants/Students
- Their in-house laboratory is fully staffed and available at all times
- Receptionists: 1 Head Receptionist, 1 Senior Receptionist & 11 Receptionists
- They are recruiting an experienced and self-motivated Small Animal Vet to join their Night Vet Team on a 1 week on 2 weeks off working pattern.
- They are a well-established, independent practice, cemented in the heart of the local community and recommended for our friendliness and exceptional levels of care.
- They passionately believe in providing continuously high standards of care to patients around the clock. To make sure this happens, they have invested in their own dedicated team of night Vets and Nurses.
- As a key member of their Veterinary Team, you will have access to a vast array of CPD resources alongside our structured career pathway with dedicated support and mentoring. All of this is combined with a suite of well-being initiatives and a superb remuneration package enabling you to thrive in our first-opinion practice.
Duties and hours:
- With a wealth of skill and experience in their existing Veterinary Team, they work up cases to a high level which means they frequently have a number of inpatients needing your care.
- Supported by a competent, experienced Night Nurse Team, in addition to the inpatients, you will be hands-on, dealing with all the unexpected nighttime emergencies and ensuring everything is ready in the clinic for the next day.
- For their Night vets, each shift begins at 6 pm with a full handover from the day team.
- There may be some consults and even a routine op or two, but the rest of the night will be focused on a manageable demand of emergency and inpatient care.
- The shift ends with a morning handover at 8 am the following day, where you can leave, safe in the knowledge that your cases will be looked after.
- The rota is based on one week on/two weeks off (17.3 weeks total per year)
Essential Skills: The ideal Night Vet candidate must have a minimum of 3-4 years of UK stand-alone experience in a SA Vet role, hold a valid UK driving licence and be a team player with high clinical aspirations.
Salary: Competitive salary of up to £60,000 p/a depending on experience.
- Paid RCVS membership & VDS cover (for permanent contracts)
- Enhanced holiday, sickness, and family benefits
- Free Private Medical Insurance and discounted Health Care Cash Plan Scheme
- Enhanced CPD allowance
- Full and unwavering support towards Certificates and career development
- Hooky Rewards Scheme to recognise great work and behaviours.
- Exclusive company discounts and free Flu Jab
- Comprehensive access to the XLVet community & resources
- Employee Well-being – They are just about to launch their Employee Assistance Program, and they have an active Thriving in Practice Team that drive well-being initiatives, including campaigns, community and team events, dedicated chill-out space for employees, energy boxes for when sugar levels are low
- Free parking and branded uniform
Ref: JN -072023-29175
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details