Permanent Night Veterinary Surgeon - County Durham
We are working with a referral practice in the beautiful area of County Durham that is looking for a permanent night Veterinary Surgeon to join them on a permanent basis. This role would suit someone in primary care who wants to move into referral, or even just to broaden their skill set with more complex cases, an ECC Cert would be advantageous.
This is a multidisciplinary referral centre in the North of England offering Orthopaedic, Soft tissue, Internal medicine, Cardiology, and Diagnostic Imaging services as well as out-of-hours and rehabilitation services. The practice facilities include a dedicated ICU ward for critical patients which is staffed 24 hours a day, in-house MRI & CT, 4 theatres, endoscopy and ultrasound facilities, dedicated patient wards. They have just under 140 staff and a purpose built award winning hospital, with planning permission to extend by 100% onsite.
- This is a permanent night role for an experienced Veterinary Surgeon where you will be joining the current shift pattern of 4 on 4 off, 4 on 6 off, 4 on 6 off on a rolling 4-week rota, an average of 39 hours and 3 shifts per week, 7 pm to 8 am.
- This role would suit someone in primary care who wants to move into referral, or even just to broaden their skill set with more complex cases, an ECC Cert would be advantageous.
- There is the responsibility to continue with treatment plans overnight for the referral patients with on-call support from the team of specialist vets, and then they also provide OOH primary care level emergency cover to around 30 local PCPs.
- They have at least 5 dedicated OOH RVNs working each shift, plus a PCA and student in addition.
- The reception team works 7 am to 10 pm so there is support with client inquiries and calls for the beginning part of the shift, which is typically the busiest, and from 7 am when owner inquiries tend to start coming in again to allow space for the vet to hand over to the referral team at 8 am.
- Role: Permanent Night Veterinary Surgeon
- Type: Small Animal - Referral
- Hours: Full-time, on rolling 4-week rota
- Salary: The role is paying around £65,000-£70,000 p/a (DOE) and is a hybrid role.
- Ref: JN -092021-22153
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details