Permanent OOHS Registered Veterinary Nurse, Birmingham
We are working with a well-established small animal practice in the Birmingham area of the West Midlands that is looking for an experienced RVN to work 1 week in 3 (5 days on 1 weeks off) with NO WEEKENDS.
They are a sixteen-vet small animal practice, including a separate team that provides on-site emergency care for ourselves and local practices. They have a full range of diagnostic equipment including Doppler ultrasound, CR, ASIF and external fixation, endoscopes, tonovet pen, slit lamp, multi-parameter monitors, an in-house laboratory with an experienced technician, and lots of caring RVNs to provide a high standard of diagnosis, treatments, and hospitalisation for our patients 24 hours a day. They will provide funded CPD and are a friendly practice with a lot of experienced vets and nurses who encourage the sharing of knowledge and advice but welcome new ideas.
The Role and Candidate:
Our client has an opportunity for an experienced Registered Veterinary Nurse (RVN) to join their fantastic hospital working 1 week in 3 ( 5 days on 2 weeks off) with *no weekends*.
- The role is Monday to Friday, 7.00 pm to 8.30 am.
- You will work with a vet and with a Patient Care Assistant (PCA), who is available until 9 pm.
- Checks on in-patients are required every two hours throughout the night, those at 3 am and 5 am are shared between the team.
- They are a small animal practice and provide out-of-hours (OOH) care to two other vets along with clients that have no provision.
- Answering phones
- Dispensing medication
- Taking payments
- Carrying out lab tests
- Admitting and discharging patients
- Assist night vet with any consultations or operations
- Administer treatments to in-patients as scheduled
- Walk patients
- Maintain records, etc.
Package: They are offering:
- Pay: £18,992 p/a (inclusive of holiday pay)
- Holiday: 5 weeks
- They will provide funded CPD and are a friendly practice with a lot of experienced vets and nurses who encourage the sharing of knowledge and advice but welcome new ideas.
Ref: JN -032022-24602
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details