Permanent Ophthalmology Veterinary Nurse - Derby
Role: Permanent Ophthalmology Veterinary Nurse
Type: Small Animal
Practice: Beautifully combines the benefits of a specialist-led, multidisciplinary support infrastructure with the flexibility of being independently owned by members of the veterinary team.
Facilities: They strive to deliver world-class patient care and their fantastic facilities provide a superb care environment, including 13 consultation rooms, 7 hospital wards, 5 theatres, full advanced imaging suite, 3 ultrasound rooms, an endoscopy suite, hydrotherapy pool, and treadmills, and dedicated chemo & radio-iodine treatment rooms define the setting.
Team: The ophthalmology team is a friendly dynamic team that comprises a nurse, an intern, and four specialist ophthalmologists who see a large range of medical and surgical cases. The team is dedicated to outstanding patient care and is happy to share their knowledge.
Hours: Generally working Monday to Friday from 8.30 am to 6 pm, there are minimal on-call requirements. Weekend working would be 1/6 with lieu time allowed for the following week.
Weekends/OOHS: As above
- The successful candidate will organise the ophthalmology department and team members throughout the day and liaise with other areas as required (theatre, wards, imaging).
- They’re not expecting applicants to be specialists in this area at the time of applying, so having an interest in ophthalmology is sufficient.
- There will be opportunities to assist the ophthalmologists with surgical and non-surgical procedures, and time to provide one to one care to our very important patients.
- While in the ophthalmology team you will be working with the theatre and in-patient care teams in a busy referral hospital as well as the wider team at the practice.
- There are plenty of occasions to work alongside the other dedicated veterinary professionals.
Salary: Competitive Salary - Commensurate with experience (between £20,000-£30,000 p/a)
Benefits: Excellent benefits package is on offer - more details will be discussed in the interview. They can offer assistance with relocation costs if relevant.
Ref: JN -092021-22246
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details