Permanent Orthopaedic Nurse Practitioner - Buckinghamshire
Role: Permanent Orthopaedic Nurse Practitioner
Type: Small Animal
Location: In south Buckinghamshire - close to the borders with Oxfordshire and Berkshire
Facilities: They offer the most cutting-edge investigations and treatments, with both a 1.5 Tesla MRI and a CT-scanner on site; and all disciplines work closely with the in-house professional physiotherapy department.
Team: All specialists are either European boarded or board-eligible, and all services are supported by two European boarded anaesthetists. They have an ECVN recognised residency programme in place and are in the process of gaining approval for an ECVS training programme.
Hours: This is a full time role working 40 hours per week.
Weekends: In line with rota
Responsibilities for the role include but are not limited to:
- Provide support to the orthopaedic department
- Assist the orthopaedic surgeons as required with client communications and booking of large procedures
- Ensure orthopaedic patients receive gold standard care
- Maintain resources and equipment required by the orthopaedic specialists
- Order kit and implants required by the orthopaedic department
- Communicate with the floor co-ordinator to ensure smooth running of the orthopaedic caseload
- Provide nursing care to orthopaedic patients
- Join the surgical/sterile team if required during surgical procedures
- Help train and support junior members of staff with orthopaedic kit and equipment
- Communicate with clients on behalf of the surgeons when require
- If you are a team player wanting to make a difference, looking to work in a fun and nurturing environment with great training, development opportunities and a strong focus on employee well-being then they want to hear from you.
- They are looking for a proactive, enthusiastic and approachable person who is a great team player but is also able to use their own initiative and self-motivate.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to multi-task with a flexible approach to working are a must.
- Please note, candidates must be able to work in the UK independently, as they are not able to offer visa sponsorship.
Salary: Competitive Salary - Commensurate with experience (between £26,000 - £32,000 p/a)
Benefits: (subject to pro rata)
- 4 weeks paid holiday, not including bank holidays
- 3 days paid CPD leave
- £550 CPD allowance per annum
- RCVS Membership paid
- Service-based holiday entitlement increases
- VDS cover
- Enhanced maternity, adoption, shared parental leave, and surrogacy pay
- Enhanced paternity pay
- Birthday leave
- Discounted veterinary fees
- Plus much much much more
Ref: JN -092021-22243
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details