Permanent Part-time Assistant Veterinary Surgeon - Preston
We are working with a practice based in Preston, Lancashire, that is looking for an Assistant Veterinary Surgeon to join them on a permanent part-time basis.
Our client has a network of 4 clinics that support one another with a full suite of management that cares for their colleagues and clients. They offer the latest state-of-the-art equipment, to ensure prompt diagnoses and the most effective treatments. Their purpose-built, modern surgery has been designed to industry-leading standards and has state of the art equipment including in-house operating theatre and laboratory, digital X-ray, specialist dental equipment, and much more. Their highly trained veterinary surgeons and nurses are kept constantly updated on the latest innovations and protocols. They offer a full range of treatments from health checks to emergency operations and they are always committed to providing exceptional veterinary services.
The Role and Candidate:
This is a part-time role working 22 hours per week but willing to consider more. Weekends are worked on a 1 in 2 rota basis and there are no OOHs. They are looking for a professional, enthusiastic applicant and ideally someone with a level of proficiency surgically but happy to support the right candidate. Consideration will be given to training the right candidate in orthopaedic/soft tissue surgical skills, if so desired, to allow a sharing of the surgical caseload across the 4 surgeries.
- Completive salary of up to £60,000 per annum (pro-rata) depending on experience
- Relocation package of up to £5,000
- Enhanced annual leave of 28 days including bank holidays rising to 33 days including bank holidays after 2 years’ service; plus annual birthday leave
- Contributory pension scheme, private medical insurance, and life assurance 4 x annual salary
- Generous CPD
- Paid memberships (RCVS, BVA, VDS)
- Childcare vouchers
- Exclusive company discounts and rewards
Ref: JN -112020-17724
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details