Permanent Part-Time Veterinary Surgeon - Leigh
We are working with a small animal veterinary practice in the Leigh area of Lancashire that is looking for an experienced Veterinary Surgeon to join them on a permanent basis. This part-time position (2.5 days per week, negotiable) will suit an applicant with some experience but who has a desire to focus on continued learning in a helpful and caring environment.
Our client is a small animal companion care practice and the service that they provide encompasses all facets of first opinion companion animal care provided by a team of Veterinary Surgeons, Veterinary Nurses, and support staff whom they are very proud of. Each surgery is recognised under the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons (RCVS) Accreditation Scheme which effectively offers Quality Assurance to customers and Staff.
They provide a sensitive, competitively priced, approachable, and quality service with an emphasis on client and animal care.
Consultations are by appointment only, 15 minutes (less for simple procedures. Longer consultations can be arranged by the Veterinary Surgeon as appropriate.
The Role and Candidate:
This is a permanent part-time role where you will be working a 2.5-day week, Monday to Friday, with days off during the week in lieu of any Saturdays or Sundays worked. One late night surgery (consults to 8 pm, with a later start) and the remaining finishes will be between 4 pm and 7 pm, with possible free time during the day.
Weekends are on a seven-week rota basis with at least four clear weekends off, two working Saturday morning at either
one of the three branches, and one working at Leigh on a Saturday until 4.00 pm. One Sunday in seven, 9.00 am to 12.00 pm (half-day in lieu during the week).
Work-Life balance is important to all of us; the Vet’s rota reflects that, and they consider individual needs and requests within the rota.
The role will include some sole charge work at one or other of the satellite Surgeries, in conjunction with work in the
supportive environment at the main site in Leigh. Their nursing staff is all RVNs, and they are keen to see them working as professionals, alongside the assistance they give to the Veterinary Surgeons’team.
In return, our client is offering an excellent package that includes:
- Competitive Salary - Dependent on Experience
- Holiday allowance is 22 weekdays per calendar year (pro-rata) + bank holidays. The holiday
- allowance for the remainder of this year will be calculated accordingly.
- Any weekends within a holiday are counted as weekends off within the weekend rota.
- Duties for 4 Bank Holidays are worked in rotation by agreement and a day off during the week will be given in lieu.
- They are closed on Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Year’s Day, and Easter Sunday.
- An extra day holiday is granted for every 5 years of continued service.
- Membership of BUPA, subscriptions for the Veterinary Defence Society, The Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons, and one other Veterinary-related professional body will be paid by the company.
- There is also an allowance for Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
Ref: JN -082021-21738
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details