Permanent Principal Veterinary Surgeon
Role: Principal Vet - Yorkshire & Central Services (Non-clinical)
Type: Small Animal
Location: Yorkshire & Central Services (Non-clinical)
Facilities and Services: The surgery includes 8 consulting rooms and 2 operating theatres and is fast-paced and exciting, meaning the caseload changes on a daily basis. The surgery operates 7 days a week and provides a 24/7 service.
- They are recruiting for a Principal Vet to manage their surgeries in Dewsbury and Barnsley, and the central remote team of telemedicine vets.
- This is a new role where this person will work with peers across the group to drive patient care standards, the scope of service, client service level, and employment proposition.
- This is a great opportunity for someone who loves operational management and has a strong project focus, but also enjoys working collaboratively to drive change and promote new ways of working at a local and group-wide level.
- 40 hour working week
- Non-clinical role with 4-5 KIT clinical days per month
- A commitment to the clinical rota is not essential, however, robust round-the-clock coverage needs to be ensured
- Your remit is a wide one, including responsibility for managing the Lead Vets and Remote vets, leading implementation and optimisation of services across the sites, and driving commercial performance.
- You will inspire a positive, supportive culture of development and investment in the staff.
- You’ll also be working on group-wide projects which could include anything from sustainability and environmental initiatives to a new site or service development.
- To deliver their mission, they need to innovate and build systems that are lean, reliable, and fit for purpose. This person will collaborate with their peers across the group to focus on removing barriers to care and living their values: Straightforward, Accessible, Sustainable, and Fair.
Sole Charge: Some
Branch Work: Yes
What do they need from you?: This is a non-clinical role, but they’re looking for somebody who still loves being a vet and wants to mentor and develop others. They would like you to do around 4-5 clinical keep-in-touch days per month. A belief in their mission is so important- you must have the ability to focus on the pets they are able to save, who wouldn’t normally have been able to access care.
Their Area Principal Vet will also have;
- Good standards of patient and client care
- Strong organisation and time management skills
- Strong commercial acumen
- Project management experience
Salary: The salary scale is £63,002 - £72,902 p/a - depending on clinical and leadership experience
- 6 weeks holiday, including bank holidays
- UK and International CPD funded to certificate level
- Private Health Care, 52 Weeks sickness benefit and free Employee assistance program - awarded after 12 months of service
- Contributory pension scheme
- RCVS and VDS fees paid
- Access to counseling support including mental health, financial, and life counseling after 12 months of service
- Cycle to work scheme
- Refer-a-Friend bonus
- Varied and challenging career
- The satisfaction of working with a not-for-profit employer
Ref: JN -012022-23712
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details