Permanent Referral Internal Medicine Clinician (ECVIM/ACVIM) - Northumberland
Type: Small Animal Practice
Practice: They are a large, small animal referral centre offering referrals in orthopaedics, soft tissue surgery, neurology, internal medicine, cardiology, ECC, and oncology. Their practice is ideally situated, within easy reach of the stunning Northumberland coastline and the cultural delights of Newcastle upon Tyne
Facilities: They offer great facilities at their state-of-the-art purpose-built hospital including a 1.5 Tesla MRI and Canon 160 Slice CT, Esaote MyLabX8 and Phillips IE33 ultrasound, ECG, fluoroscopy, flexible and rigid endoscopy, laparoscopy, arthroscopy, digital radiography, and in-house laboratory.
Team: They have 21 Veterinary Surgeons, including an internal medicine diplomat, neurology diplomat, and resident, over 25 qualified Veterinary Nurses, some of which are diploma holders, and a great team of Animal Care Assistants and superb customer care teams. All Veterinary Surgeons hold certificates in their designated field. They are a friendly practice, with a good work ethic and great teamwork.
Role: They are currently looking for a Referral Internal Medicine Clinician to join their friendly team in Northumberland. This role will involve taking cases in all aspects of internal medicine and providing in-patient care. They currently have 5 internal medics working closely as a team, and the role will involve investigation of new referrals, in-patient care, and care of chronic cases on a rota basis.
Hours: They are happy to consider both part-time and full-time applicants. You will participate in the on-call weekend rota but time off in lieu is given the following week.
- They are looking for a Board Certified or Board Eligible Internal Medic or RCVS Advanced Practitioner in Small Animal Medicine.
- Depending on experience, someone working toward a certificate qualification would also be considered.
Salary/Pay Rate: An excellent salary that is reflective of experience, skills, and level of certification
• 5 weeks plus bank holidays
• 6 days paid CPD leave
• £2000 CPD Allowance per annum
• Private Medical Insurance
• VDS Membership paid
• BVA Membership paid
• Service based holiday entitlement increases
• Enhanced maternity, adoption, shared parental leave, and surrogacy pay
• Enhanced paternity pay
• Birthday leave
• Discounted veterinary fees
• My Benefits - various discounts including retail & gym memberships
• Cycle to Work scheme
• CPD/training support
• Paid bereavement leave
• Company sick pay
• Employee opinion survey
• Free uniform in a number of roles
• Annual pay reviews
• Social events
• Sponsorship for overseas employees
• Academy & Leadership courses
• Focus on employee wellbeing
• Relocation packages
Ref: JN -042022-24805
What happens next:
Click APPLY to apply for this role and a member of our team will be in touch to discuss this vacancy in more details
Call: 020 3941 0957