Permanent Referral Veterinary Surgeon
Role: Permanent ReferralVeterinary Surgeon
Type: Small Animal
Practice: This is a large, small animal referral centre offering referrals in orthopaedics, soft tissue surgery, neurology, internal medicine, cardiology, ECC, and oncology.
Facilities: They offer great facilities at our state-of-the-art purpose-built hospital including a 1.5 Tesla MRI and Canon 160 Slice CT, fluoroscopy, laparoscopy, arthroscopy, and digital radiography.
Team: They have 18 Veterinary Surgeons, including a neurology and internal medicine diplomat and resident, 35 Veterinary Nurses, and a great team of Animal Care Assistants. All Veterinary Surgeons hold certificates in their designated field. They are a friendly practice, with a good work ethic and great teamwork.
Hours: This is a full-time role working 40 hours per week over 4 days
Weekends: 1 in 5 weekends.
Main roles and responsibilities:
- This role will involve taking surgical referrals for orthopaedic cases, such as cruciate ruptures and lameness workups.
- You may be involved in soft tissue cases and neurosurgery where additional training will be provided if needed for spinal surgery.
- They are looking for a dedicated surgical Veterinary Surgeon with an orthopaedic bias.
- You will be an RCVS specialist or an advanced practitioner in small animal surgery.
- You will be able to manage cruciate cases, lameness workups, fracture repairs, and some soft tissue cases, such as BOAS.
Salary: Competitive Salary between £60,000 - £76,000 p/a - dependent on experience, skills, and additional certification
- 5 weeks paid holiday, not including bank holidays
- 5 days paid CPD leave
- £1250 CPD Allowance per annum
- Private Medical Insurance
- VDS Membership paid
- BVA Membership paid
- Service-based holiday entitlement increases
- VDS cover
- Enhanced maternity, adoption, shared parental leave, and surrogacy pay
- Enhanced paternity pay
- Birthday leave
- Discounted veterinary fees
- Plus much much more
Ref: JN -092021-22273
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details