Se4rch Veterinary Specialists are working with a large multi-specialty centre in Derbyshire that is recruiting for a Referral Veterinary Surgeon to join their team.
Permanent Referral Veterinary Surgeon - Derbyshire
Type: Small Animal
Practice: They offer specialist services in anaesthesia, diagnostic imaging, internal medicine, oncology, soft tissue, and orthopaedic surgery, neurology, ophthalmology, cardiology, exotics, and dermatology, and on-site hydrotherapy and physiotherapy. The state-of-the-art hospital provides 24/7 veterinary care, supported by a dedicated night team. They work closely with the University of Nottingham, with the veterinary students rotating through first opinion and referral services.
Facilities: Include 13 consultation rooms, 7 hospital wards, 5 theatres, full advanced imaging suite (with CT and MRI), 3 ultrasound rooms, interventional radiology and cardiology capabilities, an endoscopy suite, hydrotherapy pool, and treadmills and dedicated chemotherapy & radio-iodine treatment rooms. They have a GE Vivid 7 cardiac ultrasound scanner and a new Vivid E95 scanner.
Team: The Surgery team comprises 5 surgeons, 2 residents, 2 surgical interns and a dedicated nursing team. They also have their own night service for inpatient care throughout the night.
- A Specialist or residency trained Surgeon is required to join our clients established team
- You will enjoy a challenging mixed caseload, however, for this role they are looking for a Surgeon to focus on an Orthopaedic caseload. There will be some Soft Tissue when working on call.
- They are looking for a referral clinician who is ready for something exciting and new, with the passion and skills to care for patients, customers, and colleagues alike and be an integral part of a truly multidisciplinary team.
Hours: The working hours for this role are generally Monday to Friday 8.30 am to 6 pm with the on-call rota shared amongst the team and well supported.
Weekends/OOHS: In line with rota
Applicants should be Diplomates of the European or American College of Veterinary Surgeons or have completed an ECVS or ACVS approved small animal surgery residency.
1. Peer-reviewed publications and CPD delivery portfolio at recognised events
2. Previous experience in teaching
Salary: Excellent salary that is reflective of skills, experience, and certification level
- 5 weeks holiday allowance plus bank holidays and birthday off work
- Increase in holiday allowance with service
- £3000 CPD cost allowance plus 10 days CPD days to give or receive training
- RCVS and VDS costs covered plus 2 chosen subscriptions
- Regular internal CPD, rounds and morbidity and mortality rounds to maximise patient outcomes
- Death in Service Cover
- Private Healthcare
- Discount staff pet scheme
- Plus many other benefits
Ref: JN -092021-22259
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details