We are currently recruiting on behalf of a long established, expanding small animal veterinary practice situated in this beautiful, lively market town in South Leicestershire. The practice requires an enthusiastic experienced Registered Veterinary Nurse to join their team on a full-time permanent basis.
Their main surgery has been extensively refurbished providing them with all the diagnostic equipment required to investigate all first and some second opinion cases. There is ample opportunity to work up a diverse range of cases that walk through the practice doors. You will be supported and encouraged to undertake CPD and share your learning with your colleagues. They have a loyal customer following, based on the exceptional level of clinical services and client care they offer. If you would like to join our clients professional team, providing excellent clinical services and client care, then we would love to hear from you.
This lovely market town with beautiful surrounding villages was listed by the Sunday Times as one of the best places to live in Britain. With rail links to London and the north, as well as road links to the A14, A6 and M1 it has a strong strategic location. If you think beautiful countryside, good schools and low house prices are for you then have a look at this exciting opportunity to join our clients' clinical team.
Our client is looking for a permanent full-time Registered Veterinary Nurse to join their team. The position is 38 hours per week to include some inpatient checks on a rota basis, working from our clients’ multi- site small animal practice.
Our client is looking for an experienced veterinary nurse with the skills and knowledge listed below:-
• Able to carry out unsupervised medical duties as requested
• Assists the Vets when requested with clinical and surgical procedures
• Preparation of patients for surgery
• Unsupervised monitoring of patients under anaesthesia and able to alert the Vet to any issues
• Assessments of patients both pre and post-surgery
• Laboratory tasks such as blood analysis and other diagnostics
• Knowledge of drugs and medicines, their application and effects
• Able to provide advice to clients on pre and post-operative care
• Is adept at the handling and restraint of all species
• Is able to prep surgical equipment in line with the practice policy and guidelines
• Knows and is compliant with clinical hygiene standards
• Is able to dispense medicines in line with practice protocol and current legislation
• Has preventative health knowledge and is able to provide advice to clients in line with practice protocols eg. Neutering, fleas, worms, vaccination, diet
• Is able to provide appropriate levels of care to all patients and will alert qualified members of the team when concerned
• Will communicate to the wider team on patient status
• Will take ownership of personal CPD requirement in line with RCVS guidelines
• Could be a clinical coach
Role: Registered Veterinary Nurse
Type: Small Animal
Salary: Competitive Dependent on Experience
To qualify for this position, you must be fully registered with the RCVS and you must be eligible to work in the UK.
What happens next: Click APPLY to apply for this role and a member of our team will be in touch if you have been successful.
To discuss the role in more details:
Please call or email our team to discuss the specific details for this role such as practice details, exact location, salaries or any other queries you may have. Please also quote reference JS/28104 when enquiring about this vacancy.