Permanent Registered Veterinary Nurse - Barnet, North London
Type: Small Animal
Location: Barnet, North London
Practice: They are a busy 24-hour hospital with a varied caseload.
Facilities: They pride themselves on delivering gold-standard care for every patient. The successful candidate will be working in a fully equipped hospital with laparoscopy, endoscopy, digital x-ray, and dental x-ray, a fully equipped in-house lab, isolation, and a separate dog and cat ward. They are also an ISFM cat-friendly practice and a rabbit-friendly practice. The hospital is very close to London transport links with central London just 30 minutes away
Team: They have a large team of Vets, Nurses, and Receptionists. Across the group, there are 14 Vets including 2 cardiology certificate holders, surgical certificate holders, and a visiting dental specialist. Their nursing team is made up of 10 Registered Veterinary Nurses, 12 Student Veterinary Nurses, and Care assistants. There are Nurses with anaesthesia, emergency and critical care, and exotics certificates at the main hospital.
Role: They are currently looking for a Registered Veterinary Nurse to join their team.
- The ideal candidate should be highly motivated, enthusiastic, and want to use their nursing skills to their full potential, and are keen to develop their knowledge and skills.
- You will be working in all areas of the hospital from theatre, anaesthesia, diagnostics, wards inpatient care, and dispensary; with a wide variety of cases and lots of hands-on nursing.
- There is also the option to specialise in own particular area of interest to really thrive within the role.
Hours: People are at the heart of everything that they do, that’s why they know that work-life balance is vital in supporting their people to be their best selves. Their flexible approach to rota patterns and working hours offers a balance that truly flexes with you and your lifestyle no matter what stage you are in your career.
- Full-time Registered Veterinary Nurses work a 40-hour week, which is flexible and can be a 4 or 5-day week.
- No out-of-hours.
- Predominately 8:00 am start shifts with very few later shifts. Shifts are between 8:00 am – 9:00 pm.
- Approximately there will be 1 in 4 Saturdays with time off in lieu. No Sundays, no nights and no bank holidays.
Salary: Salary up to £35,000 p/a depending on experience plus benefits
- 6.6 annual leave plus bank holidays
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Private Medical Insurance
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing, including discounted gym membership
- Non-accidental injury support
- £500 CPD allowance for 3 days paid pro rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the Group Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension 5% Employee/3% Employer
Ref: JN -102023-29845
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details