Permanent Registered Veterinary Nurse - Blackpool
Type: Small animal
Practice Type: Part of a group
Team Info: You will be supported by a team of 2 Vets, 2 Nurses, 3 Receptionists, and a VCA.
Facilities: The practice is located in a lovely coastal town with good residential areas, just one hour from the Lake District. The practice is bright, spacious, air-conditioned, and purpose-built to industry-leading standards with digital X-Ray, in-house laboratory, and ultrasound facilities.
Role: They are looking for an enthusiastic professional Registered Veterinary Nurse to join their friendly team
Hours: The role is a full-time position working 40 hours per week, which currently is Monday to Friday, but will include some weekend work on a rota basis in the future. You must also be flexible to cover holidays and sick leave wherever possible.
Candidate: You will have a good experience in veterinary nursing, excellent customer service, and communication skills, be an effective team player, have a systematic approach when making decisions, and be able to carry out the role effectively with planning and organisation. You are friendly, down-to-earth, have a genuine interest in animal welfare, and enjoy the variety provided by clients and colleagues alike.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with the clinical and non-clinical teams to deliver the best levels of patient and customer care, taking full ownership of tasks and responsibilities
- Manage and deal with bookings professionally and efficiently using RX Works
- Greet clients and their pets and conduct nurse appointments, being sensitive to their requirements and promoting a professional image at all times
- Comply with all policies and procedures within the surgery, including Health and Safety Regulations
- Calculate and administer medications and keep accurate records
- Assist the Veterinary Surgeon during surgical procedures
- Prepare, identify and record results from radiography and laboratory equipment
Package: They can offer you a competitive salary as well as the following benefits:
- Competitive salary of up to £28,000 p/a dependent on experience
- CPD allowance and support
- Contributory pension scheme
- Paid memberships to the RCVS
- Company discounts
Ref: JN -092022-26437
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details