Permanent Registered Veterinary Nurse - Bognor Regis
Job Title: Permanent Registered Veterinary Nurse
Type: Small Animal
Location: Bognor Regis
Practice Type: RCVS accredited 100% Small Animal Vet group based in West Sussex
Facilities: They have a hospital-based in the fantastic location of West Meads, which supports their two Chichester based branch sites
Team: They currently have 4 permanent Veterinary Surgeons, 3 locums, 5 Registered Veterinary Nurses, 2 Student Veterinary Nurses, and 5 Animal Nursing Assistants
Role: They are looking for an enthusiastic Registered Veterinary Nurse, be it newly qualified, experienced, or returning to work, to enhance the existing team.
- The role is for either a full-time or part-time position, covering a 5 day a week rota.
- They currently run a shift pattern, 8-hour day, Monday to Friday, 7 am to 9 pm. But this is subject to flexibility to facilitate a work-life/family life balance, should the suitable candidate require.
- There may be minimal branch work required and this will be on a shared rotation with all nursing staff.
- Ideally, the ability to join their weekend rota, which is currently on a rotation of approximately 1:6 Saturday morning shifts from 8 am to 12 pm (with flexibility due to the nature of the job!) But this is not essential.
- Their out-of-hours is currently covered by a dedicated off-site team, but this could change in the future and again will be flexible.
Duties: You will enjoy a varied workload, covering all aspects of a thriving hospital environment including but not limited to:
- Theatre work
- Inpatient care
- Preparing and recovering day patients
- Assisting Veterinary Surgeons
- Running laboratory tests
- Running nurse clinics
- Helping to develop a wider range of clinics such as weight and geriatric clinics
- Running puppy parties
- Running socialisation classes
- Occasional reception work
Skills/Exp: They are looking for a confident and enthusiastic new team member, who can run with the team as well as independently. You will be driven and passionate with a positive, hardworking attitude to help enhance the practice. Personal development is actively encouraged and supported, with a generous CPD allowance.
Sole Charge: Some
Salary: Competitive salary £20,000-£25,000 p/a (DOE)
Benefits: (subject to pro-rata)
- 4 weeks paid holiday, not including bank holidays
- 3 days paid CPD leave
- £550 CPD allowance per annum
- RCVS Membership paid
- Service-based holiday entitlement increases
- VDS cover
- Enhanced maternity, adoption, shared parental leave, and surrogacy pay
- Enhanced paternity pay
- Birthday leave
- Discounted veterinary fees
- Plus much much much more
Ref: JN -102021-22787
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details