Permanent Registered Veterinary Nurse - Bristol
Type: Small Animal
Practice Type: Part of a group that has grown to 8 clinics across the UK
- Their clinics are some of the best around. The space and facilities here will let you tackle a diverse caseload, building your clinical skills and helping more animals and their humans enjoy life together.
- All their clinics and facilities are purpose-built, giving you everything you need to deliver a wide range of care under one roof. Each clinic has its own separate dental, x-ray, lab, and ultrasound suites.
- Each also has at least two operating theatres, six consulting rooms, and an open, spacious prep area, as well as separate dog and cat recovery wards and walk-in isolation.
- They also have a cosy and comfortable staff room where you can relax during breaks and enjoy your free lunch each Friday.
Team: They offer a great work/life balance and a chance to work within their professional & up to date clinics alongside a Clinical Director and friendly team of Vets, Nurses, VCA, and Receptionists. You will be supported to develop your skills and will have the opportunity to progress.
Role: They believe in allowing their nurses to be nurses – therefore, you will provide first-class care and clinical excellence to patients and exceptional, unrivaled, 5-star service to clients. Registered Veterinary Nurses will assist the JVP(s) and Veterinary Surgeons(s) in the day-to-day clinical duties and organization of the practice with an emphasis on providing a warm, memorable, and personal client experience
Duties: In order to deliver that exceptional service, your duties will include:
- Administer first-class nursing care – monitoring the progress of the patient and being able to prioritise first aid actions to stabilise and prevent further discomfort.
- Ensure exemplary standards of patient care – prepare and clean patient accommodation in accordance with the needs of the patient and local policy, make sure the patient is safe, secure, and clean, monitoring and recording of the patient’s condition.
- Expert knowledge – Offer clear and concise advice about pet care plans, assist, and support clients when caring for their pets.
- Diagnostics – assist the vet surgeon in laboratory diagnostic testing taking samples as necessary, storing and preserving in the appropriate manner, and completing documentation.
- Radiography – prepare radiography equipment, identify the areas to be imaged and record results according to practice procedures.
- Hygiene excellence – in line with regulations and guidelines, maintain surgical environment and equipment, and undertake infection control
- Surgical assistance – assist the vet surgeon during surgical procedures by providing appropriate equipment and materials, and operation of surgical equipment as appropriate.
- Anaesthesia – confirm the patients' condition and the anaesthetic procedure to be administered perform pre-anesthetic checks as appropriate and monitoring of the patients throughout the procedure.
- Medication – calculate and administer medication to patients, keeping accurate records always – dispense if appropriately trained (SQP)
Skills/Exp: In order to be successful in this exciting post, you will be able to demonstrate experience working as an RVN and have a passion for delivering top-class veterinary care.
Hours: Full-time, 4-day working week plus 1:4 weekends, with no OOH.
Package: Along with a well-structured rota, you will receive:
- Salary dependent on experience
- 28 days holiday including bank holidays
- Flexible working pattern
- The Group – Values in Actions Awards
- 5% Pension Contribution
- Cycle scheme
- Mindful Living Courses
- Continuous professional development
- Group Income Protection
- Group Life Cover
- Compassionate leave on the loss of a pet
- Employee Discount and a reward scheme including external discounts
- Help@Hand Scheme
- Free food Fridays
Ref: JN -052022-25187
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details