Permanent Registered Veterinary Nurse - Croydon
Type: Small Animal
Location: Croydon, Surrey
Practice: Part of a group - Being part of the group allows them to benefit from the support on offer, yet they are able to run and provide the services they wish to provide to clients and the local community with full clinical freedom.
Team Info: They have an established and friendly team comprising of 5 Vets, 5 RVNs, 1 Practice Manager, 3 Student Nurses, 1 Veterinary Care Assistant, and 5 Client Care Advisors. Croydon treats a real variety of cases and the team takes great pride in working up cases to an extremely high standard
Facilities: The practice is very well equipped and onsite they have a range of state-of-the-art equipment including digital x-ray, New Doppler ultrasound with ECG, Endoscopy, Multiparameter, Doppler blood pressure machine, in-house catalyst machine for biochemistry and Idexx Procyte for haematology.
Role: They are looking for a professional individual to join their vibrant team as a Registered veterinary nurse.
Hours: They are looking for an experienced RVN for either a full or part-time role.
- The hours for the full-time role are based on 40 hours a week with a weekend rota of 1 in 4 for Saturdays only.
- The part-time role would be between 20 - 30 hours, again with a weekend rota of 1 in 4 Saturdays only.
- There are no OOHs ensuring an excellent work/life balance.
Duties: They have a very organised and structured approach within their practice, allowing fairness, and accountability to learn new prospects within the team - every day there is always something new, different, and challenging.
- A routine day consists of at least 2 dedicated anaesthetic nurses and 2 dedicated inpatient/kennel nurses. These shifts involve accountability of your inpatients, managing the patient from admission to discharge, supporting the op vet team, taking all blood samples, catheterising all inpatients, working out / drawing up all pre-meds, incubating, and scrubbing for the vets.
- Throughout the day they have structured Nurse consults, equally shared and managed within the team. Our Nurse consults consist of 2nd Vaccines, Post Op checks, Wound Management, Weight clinics, Dental clinics, Diabetic clinics, and everything else in between.
- Currently, they have nurses within the practice that have completed/attended the surgical skills course, allowing for even more variety in their roles.
- The practice encourages learning and development and all their vets enjoy teaching. They are very patient and understanding, this is why they allow the nursing team to complete many supportive procedures, including routine scale and polishing for all dentals, placement, and taking of x-rays, case wound management, and many more.
- The ideal candidate will be someone who has high standards, is proactive, and is keen to progress; however, underlying this you must have genuine empathy for furry patients.
- They want a nursing team who can put their training into practice on a daily basis and will ensure that the right candidate gets plenty of client contact.
- They expect a high standard of medical nursing for all their cases as they strive to provide opportunities to pursue further nursing interests.
Salary: Generous salary of between £23,000 - £30,000 p/a depending on experience
- £500 towards CPD
- Contributory pension scheme
- Option for Private Healthcare
- Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS)
- Exclusive colleague discounts
- A friendly work environment with open communication
- Regular Team building events
Ref: JN -072022-26013
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details