Permanent Registered Veterinary Nurse - Farnham, Surrey
We are currently working with a highly praised veterinary practice based in Farnham, Surrey that is looking for skilled, confident Registered Veterinary Nurse to join their team on a full-time permanent basis,
Our client has a busy first opinion practice with a fabulous, friendly, dedicated, receptive, and supportive team of 24 including 6 vets, 7 nurses, 2 VCAs, 1SVN, and 1 Practice Manager. The practice is modern and purpose-built with up-to-date facilities including, Digital X-Ray, ECG, ultrasound, In house laboratory, outsourced 24/7 emergency care & hospitalisation, Separate dog and cat wards. Ample Car Parking. The team pride itself on providing excellent standards of client care.
This is a full-time permanent role averaging 40 hours a week.
- Hours: Mon- Fri 08:00-20:00 with varied shift pattern,
- Weekend: 1:4 Sat 8:30 to 5, Sun 10-4
- OOHs/On-Call: No.
- Sole Charge: No
No two days are the same here, as this position offers a great deal of variety and involves working closely with the clinical and non-clinical teams to deliver the best levels of patient and customer care, taking full ownership of tasks and responsibilities, including nurse consults. A good level of general nursing duties will apply such as:-
- Greeting clients and their pets for appointments
- Being sensitive to their requirements
- Promoting a professional image at all times
- Calculate and administer medications and keeping accurate records
- Assist the Veterinary Surgeon during surgical procedures
- Prepare, identify and record results from radiography equipment
- Preparation and administration of drugs, anaesthetics, taking and processing blood samples
- Inpatient care and monitoring
This position would suit an adaptable, flexible, friendly, down-to-earth Registered Veterinary Nurse [or final year SVN] who is passionate, dedicated, and committed to providing excellent client and patient care. The successful applicant will have a good experience of veterinary nursing, be an effective team player, have a systematic approach when making decisions, and be able to carry out the role effectively with planning and organisation.
- Salary: Competitive - dependent on skills and experience
- CPD & support
- Paid RCVS membership
- Further benefits.
Ref: JN -082021-21756
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details