Permanent Registered Veterinary Nurse - Hailsham
Type: Small Animal
Location: Hailsham, East Sussex
Practice Type: Part of a group
- PSS accredited (General Practice) and a Veterinary Nurse Training Centre, are dedicated to high-quality care. Well equipped with excellent digital X-ray facilities, high-quality ultrasound, dental X-ray, iM3 dental station, and up-to-date anaesthetic monitoring; along with regularly updated, team-driven policies and protocols to ensure standards are met whilst also maintaining job satisfaction.
- Their in-house laboratory includes a full range of Idexx analysers and a Class IV K-laser is used both post-operatively and during VN clinics. Separate cattery, kennel, and isolation areas plus an outdoor exercise area offer excellent in-patient facilities.
Team: Their team of 5.5 FTE vets, 6.2FTE VNs, and 8 support staff in Client care and management including PGCert holders in Medicine and Surgery and an NHS Leadership Academy Award holder -all CPD supported by the practice
Role: Exciting opportunity to join the brilliant nursing team
Duties: The role is varied, with theatre work, kennels, laboratory duties, and nurse clinics equally shared amongst the team. There will be some client care and administrative duties.
Hours: In a full-time role, their nurses work a 4-day week with a fixed day off and work a weekend rota of 2 Saturdays from 6, working one Saturday 8.30-3.30 then one 8.30-12.30 with no other OOH, weekend, or Bank Holiday work.
- Qualified RVN with experience in a small animal clinic.
- Cheerful and motivated, with drive and enthusiasm to fit into our friendly working environment.
- You will be a team player, a proactive individual with an adaptable friendly personality, skillful with patients, and great with clients.
- A driving license is essential for this role.
- Insurance experience would be beneficial
Salary: The salary for the role is up to £25,000 per annum dependent on experience.
- Increasing holidays based on length of service
- CPD paid days and allowance
- L&D opportunities through the Group Academy
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Birthday leave
- RCVS Membership paid
- VDS cover
- Discounted veterinary fees
- Various discounts including retail & gym memberships
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Service-related company sick pay
- Initiatives focussed on employee wellbeing
- Relocation packages
- Career progression opportunities
Ref: JN -092021-22427
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details