Permanent Registered Veterinary Nurse - Hinckley, Leicestershire
Type: Small Animal
Location: Hinckley, Leicestershire
Practice Type: Group Practice
Facilities: They are a small animal practice with a high caseload of exotics. The practice is modern and spacious with state-of-the-art equipment including digital X-rays, an in-house laboratory, ultrasound, and multi-parameter.
Role: They are a small animal practice that plans on having an extension early next year. They are looking for RVNs ready for the changes who want to grow and learn with them.
About you and the role:
- They utilise their nurses and encourage personal and professional growth. They have a growing team and value all of their colleagues.
- Assist veterinarians in providing medical care to animals
- Perform laboratory tests and analyze results
- Administer medications and treatments as directed by veterinarians
- Prepare animals for surgery and assist during surgical procedures
- Monitor and record vital signs of animals during GA
- Educate pet owners on proper animal care and treatment
- Maintain accurate medical records of animals
- Carry out consultations, triage patients, perform xrays, and they encourage CPD/ schedule 3 procedures
- The hours are between 8.30 am- Monday to Friday with one set day off in the week.
- This is a 40-hour week role.
- They currently open Saturday 9 am-2.30 pm, however, this will change when the extension happens.
- Weekends are 1 in 4 and bank holidays are shared equally to roughly 2 per year.
Sole Charge: None
- Registered Veterinary Nurse (RVN)
- Experience working in a veterinary clinic or hospital
- Knowledge of laboratory procedures and equipment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle and restrain animals safely
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
Salary: They offer a starting salary of £25,500 p/a this is dependent on experience and any further qualifications and can be discussed in the interview.
The Package: The full package will be discussed in the interview
Ref: JN -122023-30180
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details