Permanent Registered Veterinary Nurse - Inverness
Type: Small Animal
Location: Inverness, Scotland
Practice Type: Part of a group
Services/Facilities: They have three practices. The main branch is a busy practice with four consult rooms and three theatres. The second has two consult rooms and one theatre, and in the last branch, they have two consult rooms. They have lots of great equipment including a multiparameter for all surgery, ADE, Doppler, clean and dirty ops theatres, separate dog, cat, and isolation kennels plus much more, and most recently a top-of-the-range digital Xray
- They have 14 vets, 12 nurses, and 3 VCAs and they also have a dedicated dispenser.
- They have a large team of experienced support staff, covering reception and office work that works across the three practices to keep the practice running smoothly.
- They have a Medicine certificate holder and two vets working towards Medicine and Surgery certs.
- They are lucky to also have in their group a Referral Practice that covers orthopaedic, soft tissue, dermatology, and pain management, giving us the opportunity to easily refer, they are going to be in their fourth practice later this year that will be fitted out with all the latest equipment including a CT scanner which their first opinion clients will have direct access to.
Role: They are looking for a Registered Veterinary Nurse to join their team. Working across three practices within Inverness, you will join the rest of the team working in rotation providing nurse consultations and peri-operative nursing.
- The consultations include the standard paediatric weighing & worming, post-operative checks, microchipping, etc.
- In addition to the usual appointments, their nurses have the freedom to create and deliver targeted appointments such as weight management, geriatric cat consults (silver whiskers), behavioural and desensitization, and many more.
- They are always looking to develop their nurses in areas of their interest and are happy to support you through courses to enhance your skills
- They have four surgical theatres, and you will be involved in a wide variety of surgeries. . For working out of hours you will be compensated with long weekends.
- Working up to 40 hours per week across 5 days (full-time basis, part-time can be considered)
- Shifts are between 8 am to 8 pm Monday to Thursday, 8 am to 6 pm Friday and 8 am to 4 pm on Saturday,
- OOH, once a week or once and fortnight,
- 1:9 weekends on call and the other is a hospital weekend for any remaining inpatients.
Applicant Requirements: You must be a Registered Veterinary Nurse, who wants the best for patients If you are newly qualified, they can help you grow in your nursing career and build your confidence, if you have a few more years of experience and have the desire to learn more, they will support you too. They are looking for a nurse that wants to give their best and enjoy working as a team, supporting their colleagues, and getting involved in all areas of the practice.
Salary: Highly competitive salary of up to £27,000 p/a depending on experience.
- 34 days holiday per annum including bank holidays
- Increasing holidays based on length of service
- 3 days of paid CPD leave per annum
- £550 CPD allowance per annum
- RCVS Membership paid
- VDS cover
- Birthday leave
- Discounted veterinary fees
- L&D opportunities through the Group Academy
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Various discounts including retail & gym memberships
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Service-related company sick pay
- Initiatives focussed on employee wellbeing
- Relocation packages
- Career progression opportunities
Ref: JN -072022-25925
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details