Permanent Registered Veterinary Nurse - Islington
We are working with a fantastic practice in Islington, North London, that is looking for a Registered Veterinary Nurse to join them on a permanent full-time basis.
This is a lovely practice in Islington, North London, with fantastic clients and an active role in the local community. You will be working within a well-equipped practice including digital and dental X-ray, ultrasound, tonometer, bronchoscope and endoscope, blood pressure machine, ECG, full lab including microscope, haematology and biochemistry analyser, bone kit as well as a full ex-lap kit including suction and diathermy. All out-of-hour care is managed by the local hospital, where you will also have access to CT and MRI.
The Role and Candidate:
Our client is seeking someone with excellent communication and client-facing skills with ability to take on clinical coaching duties. The successful candidate will be eager to learn and progress, with potential Head Nurse opportunities within the group, in the future.
Key responsibilities are:
- Undertaking tasks set by senior members of staff in the basic care and running of the practice
- Communicating well with clients
- Meeting and greeting clients and patients
- Reception duties
- Registering new clients and pets
- Ordering, unpacking items and storing correctly, and conducting returns.
- Monitoring in-patients, providing care and appropriate diets.
- Assisting vets with restraining animals for blood sampling, drips, and examination.
- Administering topical, parental, subcutaneous/intramuscular/intravenous injections under the Veterinary Surgeons' instruction and supervision.
- The running of in-house laboratory tests and the packaging and sending away for external laboratories.
- Assisting with anaesthesia, surgery, and the taking of radiographs
- Correct cleaning and sterilising of instruments, equipment, and materials.
- Cleaning, hygiene, and maintenance of kennel area
- Safe use of equipment in the laboratory
- Scanning and filing of clinic records
- General cleaning, hygiene, and tidiness of practice
- Maintaining stock of consumables in all room
There are several shift patterns running from 08.00 to 19.30 with a total of 40 hours per week and weekends on a 1 in 4 rota for Saturdays 08.30 to 17.00.
Offering a salary up to £25,000, dependent on experience plus £300 CPD allowance with 2-days CPD leave, RCVS and BVNA membership. 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
Ref: JN -022021-18675
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details