Permanent Registered Veterinary Nurse - Leamington Spa
Type: Small Animal
Location: Leamington Spa, Warwick
Practice Type: Part of a group - They are a group of seven Primary Care Practices based around the county of Warwickshire.
Facilities: Digital radiography, video endoscopy, ultrasound, and in-house labs
Team: With over 40 years of experience, their RCVS qualified vets and nurses are dedicated to looking after small animals and their needs. Having multiple certificate holders in surgery, imaging, and medicine, they take pride in continuously developing our employees' skills and interests within the veterinary industry.
Your role and responsibilities:
- This role is to join our clients' talented and passionate nursing team. They are seeking Registered Veterinary Nurses (RVN) to work within both their Warwickshire-based group of practices and hospitals.
- Due to their skilled team of Veterinary Surgeons holding various Certificates, they see a vast array of cases and refer very few, meaning you will be exposed to a wide variety of procedures and advanced nursing techniques.
- Their nurse team, equally as skilled in their areas of expertise, also boasts some fantastic longevity in service, one of their team has been with them for over 35 years.
- They pride themselves in their full nurse utilisation incorporating consults as well as schedule 3 etc into your working day providing their nursing population with great job satisfaction.
- Their nurse team includes people with interests in a wide variety of areas including anaesthesia, Emergency, and Client Care and behaviour, and therefore opens opportunities to you to grow your skills and expertise alongside this experienced team.
- They are also supported by wonderful Patient Care Assistants (PCA) who work alongside RVNs to achieve the highest standards of care for patients.
- The position will include some out-of-hours work and would suit a self-motivated RVN with their own transport who is keen to develop their skills.
- You can choose between nights or weekends.
- Relaxed 1:13 weekend & 1:10 nights rota (extra hours above contracted are paid at time + half) plus Saturday mornings 1:6 at branch dependent on requirements at the individual branches.
- Weekends and nights are based at the Warwick hospital.
Branch work: Some
Salary: Up to £25,000 D.O.E + paid overtime
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays + birthday leave
- RCVS & VDS fees paid
- External CPD funded and extensive, free Linnaeus CPD program provided by specialists/referral teams both online and in-person (covid restrictions permitting)
- Nurse certificates funded
- Private healthcare
- Career progression opportunities
- Staff discount schemes
- Enhanced sickness pay
- Enhanced Equal Family leave for birth/adoption
- Wellness programs include Employee assistance program, Eyecare voucher scheme, Free annual Flu jab, Cycle to work scheme etc.
- Recruitment reward scheme.
Ref: JN -032022-24605
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details