Permanent Registered Veterinary Nurse - Medway, Kent
Are you looking to join a really friendly, loyal, and supportive team?
Type: Small Animal
Location: Medway, Kent
Practice: Since starting the business, it has continually grown and is now a group of four small animal practices, all based in Medway Towns.
Team: Each practice has a full team of highly qualified nurses, and specialist surgeons, who will ensure the care of each pet will be to the highest standard, so they can live long and healthy life. They currently employ over 50 staff members across the group, some of whom have worked with them since the beginning.
Facilities: Each branch has in-house laboratories, digital x-ray, digital dental x-rays to come, surgical theatre, ultrasound facilities, and more.
Role: They are looking for an experienced Registered Veterinary Nurse (RVN) to join their nursing team. Y
Skills/Exp: You will need to have good general nursing experience and great customer service skills, have a friendly and flexible approach and work well as part of a team.
Duties: There will be some sole nursing at weekends and occasional weekdays depending on the branch being worked at. You will be performing a variety of procedures alongside your Vet team and they provide various services including orthopaedics, soft tissue surgery as well as acupuncture with visiting Specialists within ortho and cardiology.
Hours: They are flexible on the number of hours and will consider full or part-time applications
- During the week they have shift patterns between 8 am and 7.45 pm.
- Weekend shifts vary depending on the branch you cover but the maximum Saturday shifts are 8 am-4.45 pm and are usually one Saturday in four.
- They are currently closed on Sundays and bank holidays, but if these are re-introduced the shifts are just 8.45 am to 12.45 pm and are shared between the whole nursing team.
- There are no out-of-hours (OOH) as this is provided by VetsNow.
Salary: Competitive salary available starting from £25,000 p/a (DOE) FTE
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays + birthday Leave
- RCVS & VDS fees paid
- External CPD funded and extensive, free CPD program provided by specialists/referral teams both online and in-person (covid restrictions permitting)
- Career progression opportunities
- Staff discount schemes
- Enhanced sickness pay
- Enhanced equal family leave
- Wellness programs include employee assistance programs, eyecare voucher schemes, free annual flu jab, cycle-to-work schemes, etc.
- Recruitment reward scheme
Ref: JN -062022-25504
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details