Permanent Registered Veterinary Nurse - Nantwich
Role: Permanent Registered Veterinary Nurse
Type: Small Animal
Practice Type: They admit animals from south of the Scottish Border to south of Birmingham, into North Wales, and across to Lincolnshire. In 2019 they received over 6,000 admissions, including wildlife, exotic and domestic casualties
Hours: Part-Time, 7 hours a week
What you’ll be doing as a Wildlife Assistant:
- Undertake nursing duties as directed including theatre and ward(s).
- Administer treatments (Veterinary Surgeons Act 1966 Schedule 3 procedures e.g. injections, medication, fluid therapy, dressing, first aid, euthanasia) as directed, and where permitted undertake minor surgical procedures.
- Dispense drugs in accordance with professional guidelines and hospital/ clinic rules.
- Monitor and replenish veterinary supplies for consulting rooms and/ surgeries as directed by the Staff Nurse/Senior Clinician/Veterinary Officer.
- Cleaning and maintenance of all surgical areas & intensive care ward including laboratories, theatres, and x-ray rooms.
- Cleaning and basic maintenance of veterinary equipment and machinery (eg radiography, endoscopy and dental) and sterilisation of surgical and orthopaedic instruments).
- Feeding, cleaning and caring for sick and injured and orphaned British wildlife through a hands off approach
- Assisting with the release of wildlife including the identification, surveying and preparation of release sites as well as the transportation of the animal to the release site
- Carrying out care and rehabilitation procedures involving hands-on treatment, monitoring all sorts of wildlife species (requiring different approaches)
- Ensuring the cleanliness, hygiene and maintenance of all areas, including pens, aviaries, pools, treatment rooms, kitchen and storage areas
- Accurately recording information and assisting in the collation of statistics
- Representing the centre at wildlife meetings where required
- Contributing towards centre fundraising activities
- Either a Level 3 Diploma in Veterinary Nursing or a Degree in Veterinary Nursing
- Registration with the RCVS
- Wildlife rehabilitation experience (essential)
- Ability to plan your day effectively
- Good interpersonal skills; an excellent team player
Salary: Competitive salary - Depending on experience.
- Annual Leave
- A generous pension scheme with associated life assurance and group income protection scheme
- Access to private healthcare scheme
- Support for professional development after qualifying period
- Access to an employee assistance programme.
Ref: JN -092021-22215
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details