Permanent Registered Veterinary Nurse - Newton Abbot
Type: 50/50 Large and Small Animal with some Equine work
Location: Newton Abbot, Devon
Practice Type: This is a truly independent mixed practice on the southern edge of Dartmoor, hoping to find a new vet to grow their team as the practice expands. They pride themselves on a pragmatic caring approach and being part of the local community.
Team: A professional team of 7 veterinary surgeons and nurses that have been caring for patients in the area for over 50 years
Role: They are growing and this is a fantastic opportunity to join the practice. You will be able to use your skills and experience to their full potential as a valued and essential part of the nursing team in a well-equipped practice.
- This is a permanent full-time position working 35-40 hours a week comprising of a mixture of shifts.
- These will be worked between 8 am and 7 pm, 5 days a week Monday to Friday.
- The position requires the successful applicant to join the (generally very quiet) on-call rota with 1 in 6 weeknights/weekends on call (retainer paid for on-call duties).
Duties: Your duties will be varied and will include assisting the veterinary team with surgical and medical cases as well as general nursing duties. The successful candidate will work with the nursing team towards expanding the practice’s nurse clinics in areas of expertise/interest.
- They are looking for a qualified RVN with experience taking on all roles of nursing including nurse clinics, working in a team, and solo.
- Applicants should be efficient, dedicated, and have excellent organisational skills, with a desire to deliver consistently great results.
- You will be a great communicator, have a positive can-do attitude, and have an excellent bedside manner.
- A clinical coaching qualification would also be welcomed as this will help them to encourage and develop their upcoming clinical team.
- Competitive hourly wage
- Discounted veterinary fees
- RCVS membership fees covered
- VDS cover
- CPD encouraged and funded
- Working in a beautiful location beside the moors and sea
- Plenty of cake!
Salary will be commensurate with experience and will include overtime and an out of hours’ retainer. The salary range will be dependent on experience and qualification and will be between £23,000-£26,000 per annum.
Ref: JN -112021-22915
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details