Permanent Registered Veterinary Nurse - Northampton
Type: Small Animal Hospital
Practice Type: They have newly refurbished sites around Northampton, with access to high-spec equipment. At their hospital site, there is a large kennel area, including a cattery, an isolation suite, and a large prep room that is shared with the surgical referral team.
Services/Facilities: They have a fully equipped in-house lab. This position has opportunities for career progression including becoming a Clinical Coach. They provide a great CPD budget with monthly in-house CPD.
Role: Our client is looking for an enthusiastic Registered Veterinary Nurse who wants to further their career by joining their existing highly skilled and supportive team across two sites. This position is working in their first opinion team, alongside a surgical and medical referral team.
Duties: The role includes surgery, nurse consults, inpatient care, emergency work, and critical care nursing. The practice has the opportunity to nurse a variety of cases and can have a high caseload from different areas. They are looking for someone who is driven and able to work on their own initiative.
Hours: This role has a mixture of early and late shifts Monday to Friday and 1:6 Saturday mornings, however, they are happy to hear from both full/part-time applicants! No OOH and bank holidays.
- Their flexible approach to rota patterns can truly enrich your work-life balance.
- They know that everyone has demands and priorities outside of their career and they want to make it easy for you to strike the right balance. Whether you need to do the school pick-up, need reduced hours during school holidays, or would simply like a more flexible rota pattern they can fix or flex their patterns to suit you
- This position is based in a newly refurbished Referral Hospital and sister practice, with access to high-spec equipment, medical, surgical, and first-opinion wing and a comprehensive in-house laboratory with a dedicated lab technician.
- This position has the opportunity for career progression including becoming a Clinical Coach.
- They provide a great CPD budget, an in-house progression plan, and support with post-graduate studies.
Salary: Highly competitive salary of up to £30,000 p/a (DOE)
The Package: They recognise that their people are fundamental to the success of their business. Investing in people, premises, and processes is at the heart of what they do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from:
- 6.6 weeks annual leave
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Private Medical Insurance
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing, including discounted gym membership
- Non-accidental injury support
- £500 CPD allowance with 3 days paid pro rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the Group Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – online encyclopaedia provider
- All Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
Ref: JN -092023-29588
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details