Permanent Registered Veterinary Nurse - Norwich
Our client is a successful and expanding practice in Norwich and is looking for a Registered Veterinary Nurse to join their team on a permanent basis.
This busy practice is built to industry-leading standards with the state-of-the-art equipment you’d expect from a leading veterinary practice including an in-house laboratory, theatre, ultrasound, digital X-ray, dental X-ray, orthopaedic kit, and endoscopy. Whilst their caseload may involve “small” animals the same can’t be said for their team as you will be joining a friendly, supportive team of 5 Vets, 3 RVN’s 3 Students, and a strong support team, all committed to providing a superb standard of animal care and customer service.
The Role and Candidate:
This is a full-time position where you will be working a 4-day week (with shifts of between 8 am and 7.30 pm) and a set day off each week but they are happy to discuss other options. The weekend rota is 1:4 Saturday 9 am-6 pm and Sunday 10.30 am-4.30 pm. (Part-time hours would be considered)
There are no out-of-hour requirements for this role.
They are looking for an RVN that is confident with all routine first opinion work, however, there would always be support available for those needing support in some areas. You will be:
- A positive team player.
- Organised and structured
- Good ability to manage time well.
- Good communication skills
- Passionate and the willingness to provide excellent patient and client care.
- A positive, happy and supportive working environment.
- Salary range £22,000-£24,000 RVN (FTE)
- A wonderful team of 4 vets, 4 RVNs, 2 students RVNs, and lots of support staff.
- A qualified dog behaviourist who offers in-house behavioural consultations and puppy classes.
- Excellent clinical support and career development opportunities.
- Certificates supported and encouraged.
- Currently working on 15-minute appointment slots (two on, one-off) but hopefully changing to 20-minute appointments shortly.
- Good work-life balance
- Competitive salary with regular reviews
- Generous CPD per annum of £500 with added support towards certificates.
- Paid membership for RCVS, VDS
- Companion Pension Scheme
- 40 % veterinary staff discount and 20% Pets At Home staff discount
- 5 weeks holiday per annum, increasing to 6 weeks after 1 full years’ service. (Jan-Dec).
- 1-week full pay sick pay after 1 full years' service increasing with length of service(Jan-Dec).
- Exclusive colleague discounts including High Street retailers and restaurants.
Ref: JN -072021-21222
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details