Permanent Registered Veterinary Nurse - Nottingham
Are you an experienced RVN looking for a new challenge? Do you want the opportunity to fully utilise your qualification and experience, enabling you to do the job of a Nurse?
If so, our client has a very exciting opportunity to join their successful team.
Type: Small Animal
Location: Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
Practice: Part of a group that has 8 clinics across the UK - They do things differently and challenge the status quo when it comes to pet health. They believe in making a positive change to the pet health industry by offering clients exceptional care and support with fair and value pricing.
Team: You will be working alongside a Clinical Director and a friendly team of Vets, Nurses, VCA’s, and Receptionists. You will be supported to develop your skills and will have the opportunity to progress.
Facilities: All their clinics and facilities are purpose-built, giving you everything you need to deliver a wide range of care under one roof. Each clinic has its own separate dental, x-ray, lab, and ultrasound suites. Each also has at least two operating theatres, six consulting rooms, and an open, spacious prep area, as well as separate dog and cat recovery wards and walk-in isolation. They also have a cosy and comfortable staff room where you can relax during breaks and enjoy your free lunch each Friday.
The Role: They believe in allowing their nurses to be nurses – therefore, you will provide first class care and clinical excellence to patients and exceptional, unrivalled, 5-star service to clients.
Registered Veterinary Nurses will assist the JVP(s) and Veterinary Surgeons(s) in the day-to-day clinical duties and organization of the practice with an emphasis on providing a warm, memorable, and personal client experience.
In order to deliver that exceptional service, your duties will include:
- Administer first-class nursing care – monitoring the progress of the patient and being able to prioritise first aid actions to stabilise and prevent further discomfort.
- Ensure exemplary standards of patient care – prepare and clean patient accommodation in accordance with the needs of the patient and local policy, make sure the patient is safe, secure, and clean, monitoring and recording of the patient’s condition.
- Expert knowledge – Offer clear and concise advice about pet care plans, assist and support clients when caring for their pets.
- Diagnostics – assist the vet surgeon in laboratory diagnostic testing taking samples as necessary, storing and preserving in the appropriate manner and completing documentation.
- Radiography – prepare radiography equipment, identify the areas to be imaged and record results according to practice procedures.
- Hygiene excellence – in line with regulations and guidelines, maintain surgical environment and equipment and undertake infection control
- Surgical assistance – assist the vet surgeon during surgical procedures by providing appropriate equipment and materials, and operation of surgical equipment as appropriate.
- Anaesthesia – confirm the patients' condition and the anaesthetic procedure to be administered perform pre-anaesthetic checks as appropriate and monitoring of the patients throughout the procedure.
- Medication – calculate and administer medication to patients, keeping accurate records always – dispense if appropriately trained (SQP)
Hours: Full-time, with a 4-day working week
Weekend: Only 1:4
Sole Charge: No
Branch Work: No
Candidate: In order to be successful in this exciting post, you will be able to demonstrate experience working as an RVN and have a passion for delivering top-class veterinary care.
Salary: Competitive - Dependent on experience
- 28 days holiday including bank holidays
- Flexible working pattern
- Group – Values in Actions Awards
- 5% Pension Contribution
- Cycle scheme
- Mindful Living Courses
- Continuous professional development
- Group Income Protection
- Group Life Cover
- Compassionate leave on the loss of a pet
- Employee Discount in practice and a reward scheme including external discounts
- Help@Hand Scheme
- Free food Fridays
Ref: JN -052022-25281
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details