Permanent Registered Veterinary Nurse - Ripon, North Yorkshire
We are working with a client based in the Ripon area of North Yorkshire who is looking for a Veterinary Nurse to join them on a permanent basis. They are looking for an RVN with a strong surgical bias - full and part-time applications are welcome.
This is an independent practice that has been working in partnership with clients for 75 years, servicing the needs of pets, big or small. Over the last ten years, the small animal department has grown a great deal. They were awarded Hospital status in 2014. They are also the only practice in North Yorkshire to have Gold Cat-Friendly accreditation. Operating a 24-hour emergency service staffed by their own vets and nurses and can arrange for home visits in special circumstances. The Small Animal Department offers a wide range of services and cares for any pets' health needs, whether it be puppies' first check-ups or a senior pet. The practice is committed to delivering the high-quality patient and client care that they believe in. They have RCVS Advanced Practitioners in surgery, medicine, and small animal practice as well as a visiting ophthalmologist, dermatologist, cardiologist, ultrasonographer, and MRI scanner.
The Role and Candidate:
This position is to join a small animal department, with a strong surgical bias, which is based at their RCVS Hospital, ISFM Cat-Friendly clinic. Full-time and part-time applications are welcome.
The successful candidate will be responsible for taking a proactive approach to managing surgical workflow on a daily basis to ensure the smooth and efficient running of the theatre and diagnostic suites. In addition to routine procedures, this will also involve supporting their three surgical certificate holders in the delivery of soft tissue and orthopaedic surgery, requiring a forward-looking approach to ensure the timely ordering and sterilization of the necessary equipment.
This position will involve an equal share of OOHs and weekend working, with dedicated night nurses covering the majority of weekday night shifts; and participation in other areas of veterinary nursing will be required in accordance with rota needs, including medical and practice nursing.
- Salary commensurate with experience
- 31 days holiday (includes 8 Bank Holidays)
- 1 paid volunteering day per year at a choice of local charities
- VDS, RCVS, and BVNA membership paid
- 2 days CPD and £350 budget per annum with further training/certifications encouraged
- Aviva Private Health Care insurance
- The 'People’s Pension' pension scheme
- Annual bonus scheme subject to eligibility
- Social/Team events throughout the year (including Summer BBQ and Christmas Party)
- Well-being initiatives, including access to an Employee Assistance Programme for a wide range of information and advice across a range of topics.
- Fruit Monday and Cake Friday
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Staff pet discount scheme
If you are a team player who has the motivation and commitment to make a difference then please get in touch with our team.
Ref: JN -082021-21989
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details