Permanent Registered Veterinary Nurse - Ripon, North Yorkshire
We are working with a client based in the Ripon area of North Yorkshire who is looking for a Veterinary Nurse to join them on a full-time permanent basis. Applications are welcome from all levels of experience, including final-year veterinary nursing students. Their nursing roles involve all aspects of veterinary nursing (surgical, medical, and practice nursing) and include an equal share of weekend and OOH duties.
This is an independent practice that has been working in partnership with clients for 75 years, servicing the needs of pets, big or small. Over the last ten years, the small animal department has grown a great deal. They were awarded Hospital status in 2014. They are also the only practice in North Yorkshire to have Gold Cat-Friendly accreditation. Operating a 24-hour emergency service staffed by their own vets and nurses and can arrange for home visits in special circumstances. The Small Animal Department offers a wide range of services and cares for any pets' health needs, whether it be puppies' first check-ups or a senior pet. The practice is committed to delivering the high-quality patient and client care that they believe in. They have RCVS Advanced Practitioners in surgery, medicine, and small animal practice as well as a visiting ophthalmologist, dermatologist, cardiologist, ultrasonographer, and MRI scanner.
The Role and Candidate:
They are looking for a Veterinary Nurse to join their amazing team of 15 FTE nurses, who support 14 small animal vets. They have a wealth of existing experience in the team, including nurses with additional qualifications in medical nursing, surgery, and nutrition. Their vets include Advanced Practitioners in medicine, surgery, dermatology, ophthalmology, and general practice. They encourage and fund personal development and want to help you grow and deliver your expanding skillset.
Applications are welcome from all levels of experience, including final-year veterinary nursing students. The nursing role involves all aspects of veterinary nursing (surgical, medical, and practice nursing) and includes an equal share of the weekend and OOH duties.
This role will involve an equal share of night and weekend working. The nursing rota works on a 7-week cycle currently, though this has the potential to go back up to an 8-week cycle through recruitment.
- Salary commensurate with experience
- 31 days holiday (includes 8 Bank Holidays)
- 1 paid volunteering day per year at a choice of local charities
- VDS, RCVS, and 1 other professional membership paid
- 2 days CPD and £350 budget per annum with further training/certifications encouraged
- Aviva Private Health Care insurance
- The 'People’s Pension' pension scheme
- Annual bonus scheme subject to eligibility
- Social/Team events throughout the year (including Summer BBQ and Christmas Party)
- Well-being initiatives, including access to an Employee Assistance Programme for a wide range of information and advice across a range of topics.
- Fruit Monday and Cake Friday
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Staff pet discount scheme
If you are a team player who has the motivation and commitment to make a difference then please get in touch with our team.
Ref: JN -032021-19229
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details