Permanent Registered Veterinary Nurse - Salisbury
Type: Small Animal
Practice Type: Part of a group
Facilities: They are a three-branch practice situated in Salisbury, Amesbury, and Wilton. The main hospital and surgery suite are based in the Cathedral city of Salisbury with equipment including Ultrasound, X-ray, Cryopen, K Laser, and Tonopen. Routine day surgery is also provided once a week in Amesbury, consults are carried out in all three branches. They are a long-standing practice serving the community of Salisbury and the surrounding areas. The market town of Salisbury is close to the historic tourist attraction Stonehenge and is situated approximately 1 hour from the nearest beach, it also benefits from a railway station.
Team: They have a team of 8 Veterinary Surgeons, 5 Registered Veterinary Nurses, 2 Student Nurses, and 10 Reception staff. They also have a certificate holder in Small Animal Medicine and a specialist in Dermatology.
Role: The Veterinary Group, is looking for a Registered Veterinary Nurse to join the team. The day-to-day duties will include assisting Vets with their work in theatre including admits, discharges, and with inpatients.
Hours: The rota includes working 5 days per week, with a varied shift pattern. There will be 1 in 4 Saturday morning shifts. There are no out-of-hours or sole working.
Applicant Requirements: They require a Registered Veterinary Nurse who is efficient and proactive, with the ability to guide and help build the team. They also require a driver for this position to assist with the collection of in-patients from our practices and VetsNow.
Salary: The salary for this role will be up to £29,000 p/a depending on experience.
- 6.6 weeks annual leave
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Private Medical Insurance
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing, including discounted gym membership
- Non-accidental injury support
- £500 CPD allowance with 3 days paid pro rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities
- Access to Vetlexicon
- All Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
Ref: JN -102023-29884
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details