Permanent Registered Veterinary Nurse - South Shields
Type: Small Animal
Location: South Shields, Tyne & Wear
Practice Type: Part of a group
Facilities: The surgery is purpose-built to industry-leading standards, with 2 operating theatres, digital x-ray, dental equipment, and ultrasound capabilities. The surgery is close to 2 metro link stations and within easy access of Newcastle.
Team: We are a friendly and hard-working team with a low colleague turnover, with most of our team being with us for 7 or more years.
Role: This established surgery in South Shields are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Registered Veterinary Nurse or 2nd Year Nursing Student to join their friendly team.
Hours: This is a full-time role, up to 40 hours per week, with 1 in 3 Saturdays and no Out of Hours.
Duties: Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with the clinical and non-clinical teams to deliver the best levels of patient and customer care, taking full ownership or tasks and responsibilities
- Manage and deal with bookings professionally and efficiently using RX Works
- Greet clients and their pets for appointments, being sensitive to their requirements and promoting a professional image at all times
- Comply with all policies and procedures within the surgery, including Health and Safety Regulations
- Calculate and administer medications and keeping accurate records
- Assist the Veterinary Surgeon during surgical procedures
- Prepare, identify and record results from radiography equipment
- You will share enthusiasm for clinics, surgical nursing, and inpatient care, and have a good rapport with clients. Liking people is as important as liking animals for them.
- They're looking for someone diligent, with good attention to detail, who is naturally empathetic, and loves being part of a team who work together to become more than the sum of their parts.
Salary: Competitive salary- depending on experience
- Excellent career development opportunities
- No OOH
- Contributory pension scheme
- Generous CPD allowance and support provided
- Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS, etc.)
- Uniform provided
- Exclusive company discounts and reward
Ref: JN -032022-24420
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details